-Companion Firewall in AV
    -15 Time PCMag Editors Choice
CONS
-No AV-Test Certification
-Ugly UI
-Ads (Seriously? In paid version?)
-Needs Internet to achieve full potential
BOTTOM LINE
Webroot is a super-light AV that's okay in protection, but excels in performance. However, there are ads that take up 1/4 of the UI space, and the UI itself is quite ugly. It's cloud, which means internet is required to reach full potential.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Webroot is the only antivirus I've ever seen lighter than ESET. However, it uses behavior and heuristics more than its signatures, which are mostly in the cloud. If you get stuck without Internet Connection, then you can only use the behavior blocker. Also, there are some ads to get you to do stuff, but not so intrusive. However, 1/2 of the bottom of the UI is dominated by the ad.

Ulikedat

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 20, 2014
I figured it out right after the post but they didn't delete my messsage after reporting it. I have a few questions tho. It's been mentioned so many times by users that it can be run alongside another av but i have to to find them mentioning that on their site. Also is there some kind of compatibilty list?

Reactions: Rahadian Putra
D

Deleted member 178

I figured it out right after the post but they didn't delete my messsage after reporting it. I have a few questions tho. It's been mentioned so many times by users that it can be run alongside another av but i have to to find them mentioning that on their site. Also is there some kind of compatibilty list?

no lists since it works with ALL other AVs, this is implemented in the code.

Reactions: XhenEd
D

Deleted member 178

Yes but where is this stated on their site, surely such important information should be there should it not?

believe me, i am a beta-tester for them. go to WSA subsection here , i posted many thread about how it works with devs replies

in fact WSA is made to detect other AVs and if one is present, it let the main one the priority for real-time detection/removing, WSA will kicks-in only if a suspicious file is missed by the other one.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Yes but where is this stated on their site, surely such important information should be there should it not?
I can confirm that it works with all other AV. On the trial page, it says that it will not conflict with your existing security solution:

M

MalwareT

UI is also full of bugs, if someone saw in my video review about Webroot UI sometimes gets white o_O.

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
Webroot is the only antivirus I've ever seen lighter than ESET. However, it uses behavior and heuristics more than its signatures, which are mostly in the cloud. If you get stuck without Internet Connection, then you can only use the behavior blocker. Also, there are some ads to get you to do stuff, but not so intrusive. However, 1/2 of the bottom of the UI is dominated by the ad.

Without internet connection,there re not lots of ways to get infected....

One major way is USB Flash Drive....what if a USB Antivirus is being installed alonge with Webroot?(such as MC Shield)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

One major way is USB Flash Drive....what if a USB Antivirus is being installed alonge with Webroot?(such as MC Shield)

why you would do that? WSA already has an USB protection but if you want to uqse McShield, WSA will do nothing against it, be sure to allow MCshield in the control process monitor (right click tray icon)

Reactions: phyniks

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
why you would do that? WSA already has an USB protection but if you want to uqse McShield, WSA will do nothing against it, be sure to allow MCshield in the control process monitor (right click tray icon)

Thanks for your answer

I ve also got a very informative response from a kind "wilders" user:

Capture.PNG

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.