Webroot SecureAnywhere + Avetix Antivirus

CNJJ

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
Hello
I want to share with you this spectacular combination of protection:
SecureAnywhere + Avetix Webroot Antivirus (Motor Bitdefender)
Having two antivirus is harmful; It is a myth.
This combination works wonderfully well.
What one does not detect detects the other, so simple.
You soon.

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
This is not a myth. If u have 2 main avs they can conflict. i got often bluescreens or other erros when test 2 main avs at the same time on vms. webroot is compatible with other avs,same as emsisoft,malwarebytes pro or other that are known to be compatible. i dont know if avetix is any good but if it use bitdefender engine it isnt the worst from the worst. how often does it update the signatures? use it other components like avc? it would be much better combo with bitdefender free and webroot.

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
No, it's not. having more than 2 security products running on a machine at the same time can cause serious conflicts. I would rather not trust avetix. If you wish to use an antivirus with the Bitdefender engine then use Bitdefender free or Ad-Aware free.

Reactions: darko999 and Kuttz

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
F-secure and Emsisoft are known to have very good additional components like BB plus Cloud unlike Avetix lacks therefore relying too much on BD sigs which totally different.

CNJJ

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
Hello
Avetix 5 is a great Antivirus, hourly updates, and the powerful engine Bibdefener.
System engineering know, I've tried many antivirus and this is the best I've found with the WebrooAnywhere Secure.Es my personal opinion.
You soon.

Reactions: souhrid

MisterToto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
No, it's not. having more than 2 security products running on a machine at the same time can cause serious conflicts. I would rather not trust avetix. If you wish to use an antivirus with the Bitdefender engine then use Bitdefender free or Ad-Aware free.
Ad-Aware has only Bitdefender engine?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.