Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete 8.0.4.24

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
Thanks for nice review,yes webshield matters.
I want to ask a question
Little off topic
I know this is silly to ask,Are before scan you updated malwarebytes as free version it set to 7 days by default ,as malware pack was 4 days old ?

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
MalwareVirus said:
Thanks for nice review,yes webshield matters.
I want to ask a question
Little off topic
I know this is silly to ask,Are before scan you updated malwarebytes as free version it set to 7 days by default ,as malware pack was 4 days old ?

Thanks!
and yes when i download malwarebytes, i always update it

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Did you observe how many of the "missed" executed files were "monitored" by WSA?
If they were, they would have been "crippled" by WSA, making them not able to hurt the system.
I suggest you test this and report back, or else WSA was not tested at its full capabilities.

FYI! When WSA misses a virus, what happens?

/W

I'm Me

Verified
Sep 14, 2013
Thank you for this review. To my surprise it appears as though Hitman Pro is better at detecting malware than Malwarebytes. Also, it is good to know about Webroot's web link blocking problems. I assume my add-ons like No Script, DoNotTrackMe from Abine, and Adblock Plus will help protect me against what Webroot misses.

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
I said:
Thank you for this review. To my surprise it appears as though Hitman Pro is better at detecting malware than Malwarebytes. Also, it is good to know about Webroot's web link blocking problems. I assume my add-ons like No Script, DoNotTrackMe from Abine, and Adblock Plus will help protect me against what Webroot misses.

Your welcome!:)

and just letting you know that i scanned with hitmanpro first, then clean the infected stuff that hitmanpro found and then i scan with malwarebytes.

So thats most likely why Malwarebytes did not find anything because hitmanpro already detected and cleaned the infected malware before i continued on with malwarebytes.

I'm Me

Verified
Sep 14, 2013
Malware Security said:
and just letting you know that i scanned with hitmanpro first, then clean the infected stuff that hitmanpro found and then i scan with malwarebytes.

So thats most likely why Malwarebytes did not find anything because hitmanpro already detected and cleaned the infected malware before i continued on with malwarebytes.

Thank you. That is good to know! I feel better about Malwarebytes now. :)

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
I said:
Malware Security said:

Thank you. That is good to know! I feel better about Malwarebytes now. :)

hah you cant go wrong having both, especially since malwarebytes is Free!lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.