Webroot SecureAnywhere in light of Zemana AntiLogger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Zemana says that WSA is already protecting explorer.exe, so it will not. Does that mean that WSA is encrypting keystrokes as part of their identity protection?
If not, can I use Zemana for keystroke encryption? Does it have to start with Windows to work properly for said encryption?

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Just out of curiosity, I want to ask you you something..... Is there any need of protecting the explorer.exe by a antilogger software ??? That's the job of the antivirus product. Moreover, I don't remember typing anything of any importance into the explorer window.

I don't know if its a dumb question. If it really is, then enlighten me.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I know it blocks keyloggers and screengrabbers.I don't know if it encrypts your keystrokes.Many Security Suites do though and there would be no need for Zemana

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
people just love to bloat their systems out.i would ditch the zemana as it is totally useless and just stick with WSA.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
There's no harm in keeping it.
No there is no harm in keeping it but If you don't really need it because you are protected using another software there is no reason to really use it.

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
No there is no harm in keeping it but If you don't really need it because you are protected using another software there is no reason to really use it.
Well here's what i got.... Norton Internet security, Malwarebytes anti-malware and zemana antilogger. And ya sticky password too. So should i remove the antilogger or should i keep it ???? I don't see my system slowing down.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
dump the antilogger.Norton will have that covered.Also question your own browsing habits.
I agree NIS will accomplish the same thing as Zemana.If you feel more comfortable with it and it causes no conflict or system impact then by all means use it.

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Thanx for the replies.... As far as my browsing habits go, I never visit any suspicious website. Moreover I don't support piracy. I stick to giveaways and freewares. Sometimes I do buy the needed softwares. So I guess I don't need the antilogger. But I'll go with exterminator. Since it makes no impact on my system, I'll keep it.

D

Deleted member 178

WSA will harden your browser against exploits and other browsers infections, nothing is encrypted; Zemana said that WSA is enough because WSA has antiloggers components making other antiloggers unnecessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.