Battle What Antivirus are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yigido

Avira Free Antivirus

+ Lighter AV
+ Simple and Ugly UI (like a antivirus of men)
+ Decent Detections (mostly higher than %75-%80)
+ No adware or bloatware
+ No false detection (on my machine)
+ If your family members or fiends want you install AV on their machine, one of the best choice

- Ugly UI if you like shiny things

Avast is also good choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

M31FK

Jul 31, 2014
AVAST really my choice, however lately free license key even its new is invalid. Still,I'm looking for a solution for this. Any help?

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
+1 for Avira, because it's free of any adware unlike most other Free antivirus solutions available. It's come a long way since being nagware in the past, and leads most of the tests at AV-Test and AV-Comparitives. I see a good future.

Qihoo360 is fine, but it has to update 3 different antivirus signatures, and makes a bloat. Panda is great, but it affects system performance badly, and is ad-supported.

Reactions: yigido

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
+1 for Avira, because it's free of any adware unlike most other Free antivirus solutions available. It's come a long way since being nagware in the past, and leads most of the tests at AV-Test and AV-Comparitives. I see a good future.

Qihoo360 is fine, but it has to update 3 different antivirus signatures, and makes a bloat. Panda is great, but it affects system performance badly, and is ad-supported.
It only update bitdefender engine if u talking about IS version, rest r cloud engines.

Reactions: yigido
W

wordsmith

for systems with minimum hardware resources =

trend micro titanium antivirus...light on the system & yet rock solid.

for systems with optimum hardware resources =

bit defender total security = tight on the system & definitely rock solid.

for systems with users paranoid about virus attacks =

kaspersky antivirus = very tight on the system & of course rock solid.

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Win 7 Eset Nod32 it's very light, great malware and pup detection and very few false positives! Linux Lite 2.0 nadathing!!!;)

Last edited:

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
On my desktop, I'm using: 360 Total Security v5 with Windows firewall (Win 7)

On my lappy, I'm currently using Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 (Win 8.1) Thanks to free license on MalwareTips

Last edited:

Arakasi

Level 4
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
ESET Smart Security all the way.
Light, caches a lot in ram including sigs for speed vs hogging disc usage causing slowness.
Very very few false positives, sometimes the best vs.
User interface easy to follow, settings easy to get the hang of, creating a "set it and forget it" feeling.
Very fast scans if utilizing "smart" features which use hash, digital sigs, and time stamps to omit scanning files that haven't changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.