Battle What Antivirus/Security you are running on Win 10 32/64 Bits?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I am still with Windows Defender & Firewall.
Waiting for Comodo Internet Security for Win 10 to be released.

Avast - Dont like ads/popups.
Avira - Not good GUI plus no proactive.
AVG - Dont like the number of processes.
Panda Cloud - Not good GUI plus I find the protection decent but not good, etc...
Bitdefender Free - If new version comes up & I like it then will decide.
360 TSE - FPs prone plus some reasons dont like to use it.
Dont want to use the 1 year promo AV lic I have (I have decided not to waste time installing/uninstalling AVs. So I am going to decide on one & keep it until it gives me any probs).
Only free ones I am going to use.

Win 10 64 Bits

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
I'm currently using ESET 8 AV.+ W Smartscreen + UAC + W firewall - no problems at all.
I will test Defender for a while, seems they improved detection and add cloud protection.

Reactions: OokamiCreed

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Bitdefender Total Security Windows 10/2015 - only because I am fed-up with Kaspersky. I had a license key left, so installed it. Kaspersky doesn't work with any other anti-exploit software, it will block the software it protects i.e., Microsoft Office, Firefox etc., So, they must have improved their exploit protection.

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
On my laptop I am using Emsisoft Anti-Malware, no issues at all. On my desktop Emsisoft Internet Security, the firewall is broken, so using Windows firewall as all other protection in EIS is working, hopefully Emsisost will fix this soon.
Winsows 10 Pro 64bit

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Read the OP carefully... @yesnoo is interested only others' experiences using freeware security softs on W10.

So which freeware security softs are you using on W10 - and is it working without issues\problems ?

If there are any problems, what are they ?

He wants to minimize installing\uninstalling security softs on W10. In other words, he's trying to narrow it down - by asking others about their experiences with freeware AV on W10 - so he doesn't have to install\uninstall 7 or more freeware AVs - only to find out that everyone is experiencing bad problems.

@yesnoo - I cannot be of any help in this matter; I will wait until the very last moments to install W10; sticking with W8.1 for now...

Reactions: nissimezra and Ink
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
RT (if i can say) : AG + ERP + sandboxie (it sandboxes everything coming from internet, so nothing from outside can run without my notice)
OD: SD when i want try something (i never commit so i don't run it at boot)

LahiruRajinda

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
Back to Windows Defender because everything else seems to be slowing down the system.

Was previously using Avast Pro, it just makes the computer sluggish right now.

Might actually use ESET as it seems to be the only one that doesn't slow down the computer.
There is a beta version of ESET if you're interested. They provide a free license till December.

Reactions: Oxygen

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.