What did I almost get infected with? HitmanPro.Alert Blocked it (Buffer overflow)

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
Am I allowed to post the code it detected here? It is exploit code (HMP.Alert's detection display of it) against xul.dll while using Firefox 37.0.1

Mitigation DEP

Platform 6.1.7601/x64 1f_06
PID 4872
Application C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
Description Firefox 37.0.1

IP = 3D985000, State = 0x1000, Type = 0x20000, Protect = 0x4

Stack Trace
# Address Module Location
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

waiting on approval to post the code

Last edited:

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
Wich exploit and how do u face it? Visit some sites? Maybe u can send it to me? Would be much appricated.

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
It was a news site. I think it was a malicious ad, or it was something weird that said click this for a video. I am n0t sure what exploit it was, or if it was a 0-day. That was why I didn't know if I was allowed to post it. We learned how to code in binary/hex in a college course. Hitman Pro.Alert showed the full exploit code and it was written in binary. It appears to be a buffer overflow as it lists a specific memory address and a specific file. It checks for a certain condition halfway through the code too. I was not sure if I got infected or not, the PC froze. a bried HitmanPro and ESET SS8 scan didn't show anything. ESET did not notice it.

Hope it's clean, it's finals week.

Last edited:

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
Wich exploit and how do u face it? Visit some sites? Maybe u can send it to me? Would be much appricated.

I can't view your profile, nor message you. It says it is restricted. What were you planning on using it for? If it is an active exploit, I need to report it to the vendor, not distribute it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.