What is a tablet PC, and what are its advantages and disadvantages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
:welcomewave:

Here is my question:
  • What is a tablet PC?
  • What are its advantages and disadvantages?
  • Give me an example of a tablet PC
  • Which OS can a tablet PC run?
  • What is the difference between a laptop and a tablet PC?
If you have an answer for my question, feel free to post here :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
We get our answers from Google and looking at them in the real world. ;)

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
the are no advantages with them unless you like to touch the screen and play with it. The touch screen can come in the way, sometimes it won't even response. They also take additional processes.

Windows 7 is best suited for them; XP is old and not really optimized for tablets.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Valentin N said:
the are no advantages with them unless you like to touch the screen and play with it. The touch screen can come in the way, sometimes it won't even response. They also take additional processes.

Windows 7 is best suited for them; XP is old and not really optimized for tablets.

Windows 7 doesn't belong on a tablet device. Ever try using a tablet with Windows 7 installed? Nightmare.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Tomo172 said:
Valentin N said:

Windows 7 doesn't belong on a tablet device. Ever try using a tablet with Windows 7 installed? Nightmare.

My HP pavilion tx2690eo is one and it has windows 7 installed so I know.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Don't own one and would not even consider one until come down in price or are more appealing and useful to me. Be interesting to see how they get on with Windows 8 when that is released though.

The prices of them are insane, rather spend the money on custom build or laptop etc to be honest. :D

D

Deleted member 178

tablet pc = touchscreen = finger traces = lot of cleaning....come on.... :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well also you need to be gently use the touch screen or you can purchase screen protector.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
tablet pc = touchscreen = finger traces = lot of cleaning....come on.... :D

We had an old Toshiba tablet PC, running XP. It didn't have a touchscreen, instead it used a Pen, but I suppose we are talking in the current market. :sleepy:

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Earth said:
We had an old Toshiba tablet PC, running XP. It didn't have a touchscreen, instead it used a Pen, but I suppose we are talking in the current market. :sleepy:

In these days, how the screen detects that we pressed on a specific icon or a menu?
Sorry if my question wasn't clear.

D

Deleted member 178

WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
In these days, how the screen detects that we pressed on a specific icon or a menu?

there is an electrostatic field around the screen glass, since human body also generate and conduct electricity, when you press the screen you create a distorsion in this field, mesured by the controller then processed.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:

there is an electrostatic field around the screen glass, since human body also generate and conduct electricity, when you press the screen you create a distorsion in this field, mesured by the controller then processed.

That should be done very fast :D

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
if i have a tablet. I will use Internet browsing on while traveling.
with a screen larger than a mobile phone.
that's the advantage for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.