Battle Which is the best free VPN (CyberGhost vs SpotFlux vs OkayFreedom) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Usually the best VPN is the one you can create trough your hardware based firewall & router or the one provided by your ISP.
However in some nations notable US, Russia and most Asian nations these VPN's are not as safe as they are often monitored or have some sort of traffic data gathering due to local laws. However we EU citizens are fortunate that we do not have that problem.
Obviously premium VPN's are usually not bad however as mentioned in my reply the ones provided by your ISP or by your router are far better.
And insanely faster then ANY commercial product.

Cheers

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I have heard good things about Cyberghost on MT. Thus far I have only used VPN-like extensions, Zenmate & DotVPN with Chromium sourced browsers & Blur on Mozilla. Living in the U.S., rather than unlocking blocked sites, my greater cares could be summed up by Blur's former name, do-not-track-me.:confused::mad:
The subject of this thread, free VPNs, and then reading of the contrasts between The E.U. from Asia, Russia, and The U.S, fascinates me! Thanks @Nico@FMA for your revelations illustrating disparate views of privacy infringment by both government & hackers. Having resided in the U.S. my entire life, our citizenry (imho) experience greater fear over personal attacks involving subsequent and fraudulent purchases/or money transfers. It has seemed our fears & concerns over data gathering by our U.S. government have been transferred from no.1 to second fiddle to our dread of being fleeced (no pun intended @ElectricSheep!! :D). My views have become further expanded. I hope it doesn't stop!;)

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
I have heard good things about Cyberghost on MT. Thus far I have only used VPN-like extensions, Zenmate & DotVPN with Chromium sourced browsers & Blur on Mozilla. Living in the U.S., rather than unlocking blocked sites, my greater cares could be summed up by Blur's former name, do-not-track-me.:confused::mad:
The subject of this thread, free VPNs, and then reading of the contrasts between The E.U. from Asia, Russia, and The U.S, fascinates me! Thanks @Nico@FMA for your revelations illustrating disparate views of privacy infringment by both government & hackers. Having resided in the U.S. my entire life, our citizenry (imho) experience greater fear over personal attacks involving subsequent and fraudulent purchases/or money transfers. It has seemed our fears & concerns over data gathering by our U.S. government have been transferred from no.1 to second fiddle to our dread of being fleeced (no pun intended @ElectricSheep!! :D). My views have become further expanded. I hope it doesn't stop!;)

Well i see however i did not mean to say that within the mentioned nations the VPN's provided by your ISP are so bad or anything like that.
But for example the patriot act and its sister acts specifically mention that ISP and VPN providers need to maintain a law enforcement standard that does allow them to tap into your traffic if required. and these settings are configured by default to be open.

Here in the EU we have a similar system but its different as the router we have to connect to our ISP and the connections made from point A to be are closed by default. SO if i where to make a VPN connection using the routers interface then its secure period.
However if law enforcement needs to have access to my connection for whatever reason then they have to break into it, or force the ISP to keep records of the VPN connections so they can decode them and eventually read them.
In the end its pretty much the same, however they would require a court order (A real one...lol not a pre written one) So if law enforcement where to just harvest info without having a case against me then this would be impossible unless they directly hack my connection or tap into the ISP grid without telling anyone.

Just making sure..

Cheers

Vishva

Level 1
Verified
Feb 24, 2015
SecurityKISS Tunnel VPN Green is good (Free plan).
The company offers a never expiring free trial through its Green plan but each free subscription is restricted to 300 MB bandwidth per day. Since the company also accepts payment through bitcoins, it is possible to subscribe to the service without even revealing your personal details. The service does not come with long term contracts and subscribers are free to cancel their subscription at any time.

4jls2p.jpg

SecurityKISS Tunnel key features

Easy to use
No registration, No usernames, No passwords
Download, Install, Connect - and you are secured
Long server list to select from
OpenVPN, PPTP and L2TP protocols
All platforms supported
High anonymity - only minimum information logged
Free to download
Free to use for lifetime
Daily traffic limit in the free version
Unlimited switching between servers
All operating systems supported in the free version
No ads, 100% clean
Genuine non-automated help desk even for free users
Uncapped speed
Online data compression guarantees high speed
Every copy of the program is unique
Real 1024-bit security
Built-in Exclusive Tunneling
Full version with additional dedicated fast servers
Instant account activation

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Vishva

Level 1
Verified
Feb 24, 2015
Well from above 3, CyberGhost is the best one. However there are few more good free VPNs you can use such as Hotspot Shield, SurfEasy and Zenmate also work fine

CyberGhost is definitely the best, however CyberGhost is not free nor is offering a never expiring free trial like SecurityKISS Tunnel VPN Green (Free plan).

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I use CyberGhost and I think it's pretty good, reliable and it probably has the least restrictions

Reactions: Logethica

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Some of the best VPN's are not even listed.

What about SecurityKiss? HideAllIP?, HideMyIP? TunnellBear? OpenVPN?

If you want an honest contest you have to list more than a few sucky ones and the one you want to win because Cyber Ghost IMHO sucks, SecurityKiss beats them all hands down as far as connectivity, speed and ease of use goes.

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.