mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Which product would suite me best ?

A. Emsisoft Internet Security Pack
B. Emsisoft Online Armor 6.0
C. Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0

Which, from the above three should i buy?

I prefer my system both light and responsive while at the same time i like to know what's going on my system (App Control, etc)

Currently using PF + Avira.

I have never used any emsisoft products so far, so any info would be appreciated :p.

Thanks.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Before you buy anything you should always use the trial versions to make sure that is what you want and need.

Thanks.:D

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Ya i will go with the trial first but all the installers are huge (200mb+) so i don't wanna download every one of them ill just download the one which gets the maximums support from MT users :). I have a download cap, so every MB is practically gold :p.

D

Deleted member 178

A = B + C

FYI, if you have a capped bandwidth, EAM signatures updates are around 3-5mb minimum every days. Program updates around 50mb.

For example, i suggest you ESET SS for its small updates, also avoid products that continuously check the cloud.

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
A = B + C

FYI, if you have a capped bandwidth, EAM signatures updates are around 3-5mb minimum every days. Program updates around 50mb.

For example, i suggest you ESET SS for its small updates, also avoid products that continuously check the cloud.

3-5mb per day i can live with 150+ mb i can't live with :p.

so EIS would be the best choice for me? ok i'll check out the trial thanks, for the info

p.s. my cap is 18gigs, though most will say, it's good enough i watch a lot of game streams so i keep all my download till the last week of the month :p.

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
Littlebits said:
Before you buy anything you should always use the trial versions to make sure that is what you want and need.

best recommendation for anyone wanna buy a security product.
there's a reason for those trials!

D

Deleted member 178

woomera said:
Littlebits said:

that is not true for all products ^^ some have locked features.

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
woomera said:
Littlebits said:

that is not true for all products ^^ some have locked features.

Agree to that.Though for the most part, trial version is the way to go :).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Any reason for switching away from Avira?

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Earth said:
Any reason for switching away from Avira?

Nothing in general just curious to check out the product, have not used any Emsisoft products till date. Currently my AVvira + PF combo is rocking :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Definitely the thing here is either you want the product at full components or the thing you need only for the combination purpose.:)

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
So far so good the system has not lost boot time, it's responsive though i feel Online Armour takes a bit high RAM.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Online Armor Free Edition is a heck of a firewall, and really lets you know exactly what is going on with an easy to read interface.

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Gnosis said:
Online Armor Free Edition is a heck of a firewall, and really lets you know exactly what is going on with an easy to read interface.

Agree to that, i have never seen any firewall till date which has provided me so much information :p, loving it so far let see where it goes.

D

Deleted member 178

once you use OA/OAP , its hard to use anything else (even Comodo)

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
once you use OA/OAP , its hard to use anything else (even Comodo)
Ya i now see why you are so hooked with OA. The information provided for each process / network is to good and the information itself is displayed in a simple manner which is like icing on cake.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
As far as I am concerned, OA Free is Emsisoft's flagship. That product alone has earned my trust and respect for Emsisoft R&D.

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Gnosis said:
As far as I am concerned, OA Free is Emsisoft's flagship. That product alone has earned my trust and respect for Emsisoft R&D.

The only thing OA premium adds is The Banking Mode, DNS Spoofing and registry Shield right? I think one can live without that :p.
+1 for OA free

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.