Battle Which Is The Best Antivirus/ Internet Security 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akash209

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2013
Hello, friends...
Today I would like to know your opinion on which do you think is the best Antivirus/ Internet Security 2012?

Which product do you prefer, and why?
  1. Overall Features?
  2. Detection?
  3. Removal?
  4. HIPS?
  5. File Rating
  6. User Interface?
  7. RAM Usage?
  8. CPU Usage?
  9. Etc (anything else you may want to add)

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
Perfect Antivirus/Internet security is a myth.

The best one is derived by taking into account your needs, usage, computer skill level and system specs and more importantly your satisfaction.

As for my preference, its Comodo FW + ESET Nod32

Overall Features : Comodo has a lot of feature, like Virtual kisosk for banking, sandbox, etc to name a few
-Detection : ESET has a fairly good detection rate may be not the best
-Removal : Never had a serious infection to test ESET's removal capacity but its not really needed if your system is not already heavily infected.
-HIPS : I use comdo's HIPS(One of the Best) and have disabled ESET's
-File Rating : Don't really use it but comodo and ESET both has it
-User Interface : ESET has a good and easy UI whereas Comodo's is not really bad but kinda OK types
-RAM Usage : ESET is probably one of the lightest you will find and when coupled with comodo it doesn't really effects
-CPU Usage : Again very Light almost 0%

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Personally I have used KIS for a long time now and it has never failed me.On my system it doesnt really have an impact except on boot which is a bit long but that can be overlooked for the protection.

Would I say it is the best ? No Like has been said above I dont think you can say one or another is the best.

It is what works best for you on your system.

I

illumination

Exactly! There are a ton of these "polls" on which is best, and not one of them came to a conclusion, but were full of personal opinions/choices , that would do the OP absolutely no good, as they need to try these suites out for themselves to determine if it is proper for them, their uses, system resources, skills... There is no other "better way" to determine.

Akash209

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2013
illumination said:
Exactly! There are a ton of these "polls" on which is best, and not one of them came to a conclusion, but were full of personal opinions/choices , that would do the OP absolutely no good, as they need to try these suites out for themselves to determine if it is proper for them, their uses, system resources, skills... There is no other "better way" to determine.

THAT'S RIGHT BRO.!

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Akash209 said:
Hello, Friends...
Today gonna Discuss a New Thread..!!!

Which Is The Best Antivirus/ Internet Security 2012..???

Which do you prefer? Why?

-Overall Features?
-Detection?
-Removal?
-HIPS?
- File Rating
-User Interface?
-RAM Usage?
-CPU Usage?
-Etc (anything else you may want to add)

Hello,

It looks like you have copied the part from "Which do you prefer? Why?" from my ESET VS COMODO war room thread. Not like it matters, I just wanted to point it out since I noticed ;)

But I didn't come on thread to bash you about copying that part. I will actually answer it. :)

My choice would have to be other and that option would be Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

Why?

-Overall Features: Well it has dual engines, which means high detection rate, amazing BB & HIPS, excellent scan speed and web filter.
-Detection & Removal: It's dual engine will allow it to pick up a lot of things and remove them from your system.
-File Rating: Don't know if Emsisoft does that or not.
-User Interface: I like how it's nice and clean and easy to navigate around.
-RAM Usage: It can spike up when opening a program, but it will go down after a bit.
-CPU Usage: It doesn't slow down my system at all. Even while running scans.

Bonus: Doesn't slow down my Internet speed at all unlike Bitdfender :mad:

In the end this all comes down to personal opinions. Everyone is probably gonna pick their favorite antivirus as the best one. In order to get the best results you should test a bunch out one by one of course and decide which one suits your needs. Everyone has a different PC so something like Emsioft could be fast on my system but could slow down yours to a crawl. :)

Alp Arslan

Jan 11, 2013
Overall Features : bitdrfendr
-Detection: bitdefendr
-Removal : kis
-HIPS :emsisoft armor
- File Rating : kis
-User Interface : mse , avast
-RAM Usage avast ,comodo : but didn;t try webrot
-CPU Usage avast

i prefer avast coze many av are about the same strength but avast free + very light is enough for home users with win7 that has litte good firewall

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
One question, why 2012 when that year has passed. I think this same question should be asked again about July time when most of the AV companies have their next version out.

Akash209

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2013
McLovin said:
One question, why 2012 when that year has passed. I think this same question should be asked again about July time when most of the AV companies have their next version out.

Because 2012-2013 version still exists.. And the next versions tilln't release..!:)

D

Deleted member 178

Emsisoft Internet Security

Great detection & removal, exceptional prevention capability, clean and easy to use, not heavy on system once the boot is done, not bloated by useless features/tools, reactive support forum.

thetechguy

Level 1
Verified
Feb 19, 2013
I prefer layered security and not putting all of my eggs in one basket so to speak. Right now my preference is for Avast + either Comodo D+ OR MBAM Pro if the customer is willing to pay for MBAM Pro. Otherwise, D+.

D

Deleted member 178

MrExplorer said:
But ESET does not have much good removal capabilities.
HIPS really too bad.

:) Hooray i win ESET Smart Security v6 Key.

try and tweak it for a long time , then you will see ;)

P

Plexx

MrExplorer said:
But ESET does not have much good removal capabilities.
HIPS really too bad.

:) Hooray i win ESET Smart Security v6 Key.

ESET does have its short coming on removal capabilities since v4 towards v5 2nd build. It has improved but still suffers from some removal capabilities issues.

Its a known fact and it has been a debate for awhile.

However, it is not to forget that any solution will have short comings in terms of removal of some infections, for example:

Kaspersky, BitDefender, avast!, AVG, etc.

By default, if signatures are available and the solution detects it, it should be able to remove. Now that is where the issue lies: problems whilst removing or not removing every trace etc.

No solution is perfect but there are other solutions that suffer more from removal capabilities than others.

What I mean on the above is for example AVG freezing on some infections removal process or avast! not removing every trace of an infection.

sarahmsarah

Nov 12, 2012
I use Unthreat Antivirus. You haven't mentioned it here - maybe because it's as well known but I really think it's just as good as the other antiviruses (not to mention it's free!). Maybe you should check it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.