Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Which is the best Download Manager Free/Paid in your opinion? Does anyone uses JDownloader here :p

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Chosen IDM, Its the best of all Download Managers available. But if u are smart enough and patient to your work then you may go with JDownloader. Some times even IDM fails to recover broken links but JD fails only when file is missing from the server.

Coming to ur poll !
  • Resource Usage (eg: CPU, RAM) : I'm not sure what other programs offer at this , but IDM is so light.
    Capture.PNG
    0% CPU Usage; 3MB Approx Ram Usage
  • Real World System Impact : None, System responsiveness is stable as it used to be without IDM. But Startup impact says HIGH which may be false or to other reason.
  • User Friendliness : All Download Managers are good User Friendly SW's . I believe Download Ninja and IDM are best in that case.
  • User Interface : JDownloader has best UI with supportive of themes. I hate IDM UI but i love its work.
  • Overall Winner: I feel IDM and JDownloader are equal in acquiring the server speed and since IDM is more easier to use i quote IDM as my winner.

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
Chosen IDM, Its the best of all Download Managers available. But if u are smart enough and patient to your work then you may go with JDownloader. Some times even IDM fails to recover broken links but JD fails only when file is missing from the server.

Coming to ur poll !
  • Resource Usage (eg: CPU, RAM) : I'm not sure what other programs offer at this , but IDM is so light.View attachment 20925 0% CPU Usage; 3MB Approx Ram Usage
  • Real World System Impact : None, System responsiveness is stable as it used to be without IDM. But Startup impact says HIGH which may be false or to other reason.
  • User Friendliness : All Download Managers are good User Friendly SW's . I believe Download Ninja and IDM are best in that case.
  • User Interface : JDownloader has best UI with supportive of themes. I hate IDM UI but i love its work.
  • Overall Winner: I feel IDM and JDownloader are equal in acquiring the server speed and since IDM is more easier to use i quote IDM as my winner.

Jdownloader comes with Adware softwares bundled, thats not good, before that it was good as far as i remember.

Don't know, if any other worthy alternative available for IDM. Best in the class. Other competitors are behind quite a distance from IDM in this race. The problem is its paid :-(

Just heard about Download Ninja first time here, no idea how this is, but i will surely try it out.

Eagleget is good enough free option, but i think it still needs time....

BTW, i really miss IDM in linux :-( ,not just me, most of the new linux users, also miss IDM. There is other good alternatives, but not as good as IDM.

Anyone heard XDM, just a free copycat of IDM, not bad actually, works for windows and linux both.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Download-Managers/Xtreme-Download-Manager.shtml

Reactions: Kent

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Jdownloader comes with Adware softwares bundled, thats not good, before that it was good as far as i remember.
Its been a long time since i have installed JD in my PC. I dont remember that it consisted of adware or not. Guess it had the Ask Toolbar and some search engine in it. But u can manually disable it while u are installing the software or u can use Unchecky for automatic disabling.
At some means i feel its better than IDM, what ever it may be i lacks the browser integration and automatic startup. With this it requires Java to run the Program.
@BoraMurdar has vast knowledge about JD, as he has shared with me a bunch of it.! I also love JD, but i prefer IDM. But If u ask for free then my choice is JD. Rest all comes with some or the other issue.

Reactions: BoraMurdar and Kent

Kent

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Its been a long time since i have installed JD in my PC. I dont remember that it consisted of adware or not. Guess it had the Ask Toolbar and some search engine in it. But u can manually disable it while u are installing the software or u can use Unchecky for automatic disabling.
At some means i feel its better than IDM, what ever it may be i lacks the browser integration and automatic startup. With this it requires Java to run the Program.
@BoraMurdar has vast knowledge about JD, as he has shared with me a bunch of it.! I also love JD, but i prefer IDM. But If u ask for free then my choice is JD. Rest all comes with some or the other issue.
Agree,but installing Java is a risk:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.