Battle Which privacy cleaner is the safest

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
i used privazer with everything on and cleaned my pc and it messes it up im looking for a safe privacy cleaner that goes in depth to the pc cos these softwares dnt tell u that it can mess ur system up

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No need to ask, CCleaner is really on the top that's why its been more recognized by lots of audience.

1) Fine tune cleaner (not agressive)
2) Registry cleaner (not aggressive)
3) As far from concern, no bad updates which cause system to produce instability using those tools.

But another worth to try is SlimCleaner which another good alternative (without registry cleaner) and I've used with no problems long time ago.

Reactions: LabZero and frogboy

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I personally recommend Bleachbit. Like CCleaner, it can use the winapp2.ini to dramatically increase it's cleaning capabilities which I marked on this screenshot. It's also open source so anyone can scrutinize it's code. It also (like CCleaner) will give you a warning if you check something that may cause undesired results.

Both Bleachbit and CCleaner are good for novice and experienced users. Both are great choices. Both can be clean like they are on steroids if you use winapp2.ini. For CCleaner to get it, you can use this: https://singularlabs.com/software/ccenhancer/

As I said before though, heed the warnings that they give when you check something. Or leave them at default so you don't have problems.

2015_05_28_00_53_13.png

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
No need to ask, CCleaner is really on the top that's why its been more recognized by lots of audience.

1) Fine tune cleaner (not agressive)
2) Registry cleaner (not aggressive)
3) As far from concern, no bad updates which cause system to produce instability using those tools.

But another worth to try is SlimCleaner which another good alternative (without registry cleaner) and I've used with no problems long time ago.

SlimCleaner is a good alternative to ccleaner as it doesn't delete anything vital to the OS (very rare that it will happen)

I used the program years ago when I was on vista and it never caused any harm.

Oh, thanks for reminding me about SlimCleaner.

Alzie

Level 1
Verified
Well-known
May 3, 2014
ccleaner has regular updates never had a problem also used glary utilities without any problems always remember to use back up if useing reg cleaner

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
The best and safest cleaner is the one that does not hose your system after half a dozen cleans.
  • On windows i used ccleaner with no issues.
  • On linux i use bleachbit occasionally.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
CCleaner would be my choice. If the registry cleaner does mess something up (only happened to me once) it can easily be restored from a backup,of course that is if you made one.They take up very little space and works quite well if something goes wrong.
Privazer is better served to users with more experience as it can cause you a problem if your not careful.
Both are very good however IMO CCleaner is safer for all levels of experience.

Reactions: LabZero and Kent
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.