Which type of software and drivers should I uninstall before Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Before upgrading, which type of software and drivers are recommended to be uninstalled? I use Windows Defender, so no third-party Antivirus.

At the moment, I am considering Nvidia Drivers and GeForce Experience software. What about Intel-related and Intel Graphics drivers?

What have you uninstalled?

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Considering third-party software remains intact, I've uninstalled the ethernet, audio and display drivers.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Nothing is reported by that tool. I checked the Nvidia Forums and users have posted some issues.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Nothing is reported by that tool. I checked the Nvidia Forums and users have posted some issues.

@Huracan Thanks for the reply.

I have Nvidia driver installed. I downloaded driver several months ago and it works without any issues.

Regards,
Kardo

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
:eek::eek::eek:
I thought only 3rd-party security softwares should be uninstalled before upgrading to Windows 10. So, other softwares should be uninstalled too before upgrading? :eek:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
An update: Upgraded via the Media Creation tool x64 to Windows 10 Home.

Unless you have a third-party Antivirus installed, I didn't uninstall any Software or Drivers.

Reactions: Kardo Kristal
D

Deleted member 2913

An update: Upgraded via the Media Creation tool x64 to Windows 10 Home.

Unless you have a third-party Antivirus installed, I didn't uninstall any Software or Drivers.
Media creation Tool --- There are 2 options upgrade & bootable USB/DVD, right?
How does the upgrade works i.e does it downloads & installs/upgrades Win 10? And later can you prepare ISO & bootable USB with Install.esd?
How does the creation of bootable USB works i.e does it downloads & gives the options to create bootable USB?

Whats the app size of Win 10 downloads for 64 Bits Home?

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I used the first option, Upgrade. It downloaded the files and started updating. Kept all personal files and programs. I think it was 5-6GB unpacked, but I didn't check. FYI, Windows 64-bit is larger than 32-bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.