Why Did You Dislike Your Least-Favorite Antivirus?

Why Do You Dislike Your Least-Favorite Antivirus Software?

• Terrible Customer Support

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Bad Detection Rates

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Bad Perfomance

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Bad Protection

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Bad UI (UI, Advertising, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I'm curious why you disliked your least-favorite antivirus? Is it horrible support? Terrible detection? BSOD on install? For me:

Least-Favorite Software: BitDefender
Reason Why: It has trashed my system. Period.

Vote in the poll please and don't reply if your answer is already in the poll. Reply only if your reason is not displayed in the poll.

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
I'm also going to vote for Bad Customer Facing Staff. My least favourite AV is reasonable software (not the best, not the worst), but some of the staff I've encountered have been very friendly and helpful, and others have been patronising and hostile, the bad experiences unfortunately taint the good for me with that software.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Smadav: Bad performance, can detect but can't remove, buggy, there are better free lightweight AVs available

I tried it once. After installation/update it did some scanning. Found a few malwares both HDD and USB drive. After safely removing the USB drive it still keeps on nagging me with pop ups of detection in a now non-existent drive.

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Bad performance, I don't like an Av when it's hogging my system, eating my ram, slowing down my internet speed or my PC and thus..disturbing my work. I prefer using an AV with average detection but stable and light than an Av with excellent detection but keep making trouble for my PC.

Reactions: Koroke San

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
948d0f76d169e8c23e59957640b5e704.350x191x40.gif

Bad performance is the only thing that makes me dislike anything.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I voted bad performance and this can vary between multiple variables and I'll list some.

When I made the switch to Windows Defender [Windows 8] I have not experienced any of the issues below.

- Windows Explorer performance slowed due to real-time scanners.
- Slower thumbnail generation and loading.
- Modifying, copying, moving files may have a delay.
- Windows Search results take longer to index and load.
- Increased boot up time and shut down times.
- Some programs may take longer to launch.
- False positives, ain't no body got time for that.

Thanks.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Again like others, Bad performance was the main issue.

Disliking a product based on bad detection is laughable.

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Except from bad performance, I hate a product which disturbs the user without a reason.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.