Why some people think Comodo Full of BUGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeusc4

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 2, 2013
Why some people think Comodo Full of BUGS? i saw comments here & comodo forum about bugs.
Maybe comodo too much open for their bugs & some/few users panic about it? I never faced such a bug & have YOU ?

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Are You Serious: For your information everyone that installed Comodo,just didn't slap it on & leave it to do whatever,some people fine tune it,even went into the bowels of it,why because some of us have history with this program & also believed in it,so when some of us say we encountered bugs what is there to be Justified to you.When people complain about bugs & you don't believe the product has,plz check the same product update,i think that should clear up your topic.Also the question on this forum should be, how can we as forumer's help solve some of the Bugs.:mad:

Last edited:

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
One year ago I had been using CIS without problems for a while. Some days ago I decided to come back to CIS (after a couple of formats/win installations) but the experience was not as last years. Despite having removed traces from the two AV's that I'd used before, the PC show some strange behaviour.
For example, sometimes it was very slow logging in or opening a pdf.
Comflicting software/drivers? Buggy application? I dont know.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
hello

because comodo was full of bugs and with an high false positive rate; it seams much better now with 7 new version; i try it; will see how it goes with time^^
Comodo is great but not an easy product

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
hello

because comodo was full of bugs and with an high false positive rate; it seams much better now with 7 new version; i try it; will see how it goes with time^^
Comodo is great but not an easy product
Hmm version 6/7 is quite easy to use, default config is really great for average users.

Are You Serious: For your information everyone that installed Comodo,just didn't slap it on & leave it to do whatever,some people fine tune it,even went into the bowels of it,why because some of us have history with this program & also believed in it,so when some of us say we encountered bugs what is there to be Justified to you.When people complain about bugs & you don't believe the product has,plz check the same product update,i think that should clear up your topic.Also the question on this forum should be, how can we as forumer's help solve some of the Bugs.:mad:
Try to keep calm please, and BTW saying "everyone" is not great...You can talk for you own experience but don't make it to "everyone" since it's untrue.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Hmm version 6/7 is quite easy to use, default config is really great for average users.

Try to keep calm please, and BTW saying "everyone" is not great...You can talk for you own experience but don't make it to "everyone" since it's untrue.
Clearly you read my notes in hebrew no prob so it is what it is thank you.:cool:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I can answer this question with some logic.

1. Most Comodo users are fanboys who have plenty of time to configure and tweak settings which make most bugs unnoticed.
2. Most Comodo users are active in their forums and have a lot of time to read guides and help documents.
3. Most Comodo users know that bugs do exists but try to cover up the facts to defend Comodo's honor.

All software has bugs where users want to accept the facts or not.
There is not such a thing as a software with zero bugs.

It all comes down to how users can deal with the bugs, if a user knows how to get around them then they might say this software runs perfect, if they don't know how to get around the bugs then they will say this software is buggy.

Fanboys of any software will know how to effectively get around most bugs therefore will try to pretend that no bugs exists.

However getting around bugs sometimes takes a lot of work and time and most users don't want to do this.
They would rather have a software that is maintenance free and doesn't have to be tweaked.

So is Comodo really buggy??

YES and NO- it depends on your user experience with the product.

For myself, from past experiences with Comodo and don't think it is worth the problems no matter how good of protection it can provide. I simple hate it when a security product blocks safe processes or detects false alerts and I don't like having to keep tweaking and configuring a product to allow these safe processes.

UAC runs at Windows kernel level with can block all software based malicious processes, Comodo only runs at the software level below the kernel level which can not protect against Windows OS vulnerabilities. Any malicious process has to go through UAC before it reaches Comodo. So UAC offers much better protection if utilized therefore there is no need for me to use another security software with advanced protection features. A basic AV is all that is required.

So if you like Comodo and don't see any bugs in it then use it, if you have experienced bugs that you can't deal with then use another product. No reason to fight about a product that none of us owns or even knows the developers personally who design it.

Enjoy!! :D

D

Deleted member 178

Comodo has BUGS !!!!! omg i have to remove it now !!!!!!

more seriously, we have to differentiate minor bugs (UI, glitches, one-time event, etc...) that will not hamper the security and Major Bugs (prevention flaws , feature useless vs a specific malware family, systemic bugs, etc..).

the former , we can live with it; the later of course no; but all AVs passed by those 2 kinds of bugs.

so the whole point is that this thread is useless :D

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Actually if you check the last 3 years, and you see how many bug fixes Comodo has released then it becomes pretty evident that Comodo is VERY buggy. That does not mean its bad, but it gives a impression at their level of development and progress.
One could say they do not take enough time to Iron out and polish their current tools.
Hence why I personally said that Comodo is not at the level of similar products (Which also have bugs but to a much lesser extend )
My advise to Comodo would be: If you ever want to achieve the same level as for example: Kaspersky, Symantec/Norton, Sophos and others then start focusing on your key products and have them polished and tuned.
Hence why some developers maintain the same GUI and internal infrastructure for years due to the fact that the follow up product is not at the same level yet.
However Comodo does seem to rush versions and new functions without ANY of them being of first class.
It kind of harsh to say but its true.

Now in regards to what Littlebits said:

1. Most Comodo users are fanboys who have plenty of time to configure and tweak settings which make most bugs unnoticed.
2. Most Comodo users are active in their forums and have a lot of time to read guides and help documents.
3. Most Comodo users know that bugs do exists but try to cover up the facts to defend Comodo's honor.

This is SO true. I spended some time at the Comodo forums in the past and I got sick of it after 5 minutes.
Some users posted legit errors and bugs or problems and most of them got ripped to pieces by CIS hooligans.
And imo some of these fanboys are so full of it that they lost track of reality.
But that being said let me point out that what Littlebits said is spot on.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Actually if you check the last 3 years, and you see how many bug fixes Comodo has released then it becomes pretty evident that Comodo is VERY buggy. That does not mean its bad, but it gives a impression at their level of development and progress.
One could say they do not take enough time to Iron out and polish their current tools.
Hence why I personally said that Comodo is not at the level of similar products (Which also have bugs but to a much lesser extend )
My advise to Comodo would be: If you ever want to achieve the same level as for example: Kaspersky, Symantec/Norton, Sophos and others then start focusing on your key products and have them polished and tuned.
Hence why some developers maintain the same GUI and internal infrastructure for years due to the fact that the follow up product is not at the same level yet.
However Comodo does seem to rush versions and new functions without ANY of them being of first class.
It kind of harsh to say but its true.

Now in regards to what Littlebits said:

This is SO true. I spended some time at the Comodo forums in the past and I got sick of it after 5 minutes.
Some users posted legit errors and bugs or problems and most of them got ripped to pieces by CIS hooligans.
And imo some of these fanboys are so full of it that they lost track of reality.
But that being said let me point out that what Littlebits said is spot on.

Dam u make me feel like if some of my frustrations have been noticed.Thank u so much,well said;)

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Dam u make me feel like if some of my frustrations have been noticed.Thank u so much,well said;)

You know buddy, its not like I want to come across like a bastard or anything, I personally respect others opinions and favorites, but these fan boys you see all over the internet, and sure Comodo and other fan boy community driven products are great and a welcome addition.
But if I have a problem with for example Symantec Endpoint Protection (Which I am and our company uses exclusively) (Assuming the problem is beyond our ability to fix) then I contact support and I will receive first class support by a person that knows exactly what I want, need and wish and knows exactly what their product is all about.
And the issue is being fixed either remote or on location within a few hours.
They do not ask stupid question like: Did you update windows? Did you disable this? Or you must have done that other wise our product would work well.
No excuses just fixes.

If you see the average problem on the Comodo webpage then the first thing you see is how brilliant their product is and how stupid the end user is.
Now granted some are indeed stupid and forgot to follow basic rules, but most of them are legit real problems without having a operator driven bug.
Still they are being handled like they escaped a mental institute, and if a costumer has a different opinion then you see the fanboy hooligan club coming into action and if they could they would they would publicly hang the costumer.

That said look around how Comodo advertises its products... and then look how many bugs need attention on their forums.
Then I honestly ask myself the question: Does the product hypothetically speaking fall apart when I install it?

But that's my personal opinion and this is not intended to harm anyone and neither do I wish to spark a war here, but this is my opinion both on a private & professional level.

PS: Does someone have a nuclear bomb shelter? and food for the next 10 years?
Because when CIS fanboys read this then my life will be in danger...LMAO
h6B95B191

Cheers

Last edited:

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
You know buddy, its not like I want to come across like a bastard or anything, I personally respect others opinions and favorites, but these fan boys you see all over the internet, and sure Comodo and other fan boy community driven products are great and a welcome addition.
But if I have a problem with for example Symantec Endpoint Protection (Which I am and our company uses exclusively) (Assuming the problem is beyond our ability to fix) then I contact support and I will receive first class support by a person that knows exactly what I want, need and wish and knows exactly what their product is all about.
And the issue is being fixed either remote or on location within a few hours.
The do not ask stupid question like: Did you update windows? Did you disable this? Or you must have done that other wise our product would work well.
No excuses just fixes.

If you see the average problem on the Comodo webpage then the first thing you see is how brilliant their product is and how stupid the end user is.
Now granted some are indeed stupid and forgot to follow basic rules, but most of them are legit real problems without having a operator driven bug.
Still they are being handled like they escaped a mental institute, and if a costumer has a different opinion then you see the fanboy hooligan club coming into action and if they could they would they would publicly hang the costumer.

That said look around how Comodo advertises its products... and then look how many bugs need attention on their forums.
Then I honestly ask myself the question: Does the product hypothetically speaking fall apart when I install it?

But that's my personal opinion and this is not intended to harm anyone and neither do I wish to spark a war here, but this is my opinion both on a private & professional level.

Cheers

I'm not a follower, but dam u have some solid points,plus u come across to me as real,that alone is very important in this society in which we thrive.

There is a saying we should keep in the backs of our head when it come to av advertisements (Fare talk is not fair doing).
Comodo have some serious issues with comodo internet security,but also i cannot lay all the blame at comodo,you see fanboy's crushing real serious topics like king kong,they support is lacking,to me lately every time comodo launch and update it 3yr's backward,you watch & see the destruction of a once GREAT PRODUCT. IT is what it is thank u:(
Comodo in it self acts like,u wanted free security there it is, don,t complain cause u ain't pay uh cent for it,if u need port & polish security spend some money.:cool: & don't talk about this product's flaws cause if u do u have to be uh novice or newby.:(

Last edited:

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
i still regret Comodo Fw v3 or CIS v5, they were great products; at v5+ fanboys took over ... sad but true

Jup that's true, I never denied the potential of Comodo because some of their concepts are promising.
However as with most products like Comodo its hard to keep up and its even harder to have a clear business plan and more importantly the effort and value put into their products.
It has never been their products that where bad, just the pre stage of development and polishing their products.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
@n.nvt

I totally agree with your statements as I have seen many fanboys in Comodo forums act like cyberbullies.
I would like to add these fanboys try to spread paranoia and use scareware tactics to try to convince users if they don't use CIS they will get infected like Comodo is the only product that can stop these automatic infections which don't exists. Users who don't manually download infected files never get infections today even if using just Microsoft default security. So the lies need to stop.

Every since improvements in Windows OS, IE and other browsers automatic infections do not exist. All infections today require the user to manually download an infected file and execute it. Then the user has to ignore UAC notifications and Windows digital certificate prompts.

So these advanced fanboys that think they know everything, don't seemed to know how to download files from trusted sources or even use Windows default security features but somehow it is amazing that they know how to configure and tweak a complicated product like CIS.

Even vulnerabilities in browser plugins require users to manually download an infected file. Home users getting hacked is so extremely rare today because a third-party firewall is not necessary. These Comodo fanboys seem to know nothing about how modern systems get infected. This is not the year 2002 with Windows XP, IE6 (with no active X controls settings or drive-bye downloads blocking) and no secure alternative browser options. I wished these fanboys would go and get educated about modern malware and stop this spreading paranoia and using scareware tactics.

I guess I will also need to share nuclear bomb shelter with you now. :rolleyes:

Thanks. :D

D

Deleted member 178

I was thinking about trying comodo but i saw the fanboyism and i slowly walked away from comodo

i was a huge fan of comodo during era v3-v5 , then i also slowly walked away , first because those fanboys then when v6 cames, v7 made it nicer but hard to regain the love.

then i "closed beta-test" both Webroot and Emsisoft, i hardly get away from them; i know how they develop their soft and use our feedbacks to polish them properly before a release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.