Why we can't re-install any software and get trial priod twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

apaul

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Why we can't re-install any software and get trial priod twice? How did they detect that I had used this earlyer? Is there any way to bipass it?
(actually I want the trial period of my AV twice)

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
You need to man up and buy the software if you like it so much that you have to trial it twice. At some point a developer needs to be paid for their overhead in creating and getting the product to the public. Or do like so many have done who don't want to pay for software and stick to freeware.

Reactions: Chigwells

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What product were you trying out?

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
there's lots of good freeware alternative available of most paid software, so you can try any freeware alternative, BTW, which paid product you are trying??

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Nice free stuff:

Avast, AVG, Avira, Comodo Internet Security, BullGuard, ZoneAlarm

Comodo Firewall, Emsisoft Online Armor

Browser add-ons:
Ghostery and Ad-Block Plus

On-demand scanners: Hit Man Pro and Malwarebytes Anti-malware

Others:

Fox-It Reader and Alternative Flash Player Updater; Wireless Network Watcher; adwCleaner; Chrome, Mozilla, and Opera (may not be supported anymore)

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
^^Bullguard is not free, its 60 days trial....
you can say Fortinet antivirus is free with full features
Ad-aware also has a free version with basic antivirus feature, and Bitdefender engine

Reactions: thepierrezou

apaul

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Earth said:
What product were you trying out?

AVG

Gnosis said:
Nice free stuff:

Avast, AVG, Avira, Comodo Internet Security, BullGuard, ZoneAlarm

Comodo Firewall, Emsisoft Online Armor

Browser add-ons:
Ghostery and Ad-Block Plus

On-demand scanners: Hit Man Pro and Malwarebytes Anti-malware

Others:

Fox-It Reader and Alternative Flash Player Updater; Wireless Network Watcher; adwCleaner; Chrome, Mozilla, and Opera (may not be supported anymore)

Thanks

aztony said:
You need to man up and buy the software if you like it so much that you have to trial it twice. At some point a developer needs to be paid for their overhead in creating and getting the product to the public. Or do like so many have done who don't want to pay for software and stick to freeware.
that is ok but let me know how did they detect that I had alrady used this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
apaul said:
aztony said:
that is ok but let me know how did they detect that I had alrady used this?

Anytime you install a trial software to your system, it adds a hidden files and sometimes hidden registry keys that has a time stamp. Uninstalling the software doesn't not remove these hidden entries. Because if you try to install the trial software again, the software will access these hidden entries and then knows that you have already used up your trial period.

Most of the time these hidden entries can not be removed safely, but if you reformat your system they will be gone.

Enjoy!! :D

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Anytime you install a trial software to your system, it adds a hidden files and sometimes hidden registry keys that has a time stamp. Uninstalling the software doesn't not remove these hidden entries. Because if you try to install the trial software again, the software will access these hidden entries and then knows that you have already used up your trial period.

Most of the time these hidden entries can not be removed safely, but if you reformat your system they will be gone.

This is something I never knew about.... I learn something new everyday from you!

Neno

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012

That system is easy to override and that is why nowadays you often need to make an account for the trial product. By doing so information about your trial period is (in addition to previous measure) stored on their side. Endless testing period isn't commercially viable ;)

Reactions: Littlebits

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
Why we can't re-install any software and get trial priod twice? How did they detect that I had used this earlyer? Is there any way to bipass it?
yes you can..but here we against, the rules of board or not i don't know....
logically they had know...because your Apps left behind the register key..
for this you must trace it..if found delete (just for education purposes only)
I suggest you don't ever bother this method to hassles..so many free AV softwares.
one of Free Life time AVAST more details go here On Page click Essential Free Avast!
Anti Virus. Some more AV for Windows consumer may here you GO.

Last edited:

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
If you like the product so much, why you want to cheat on developers? There are three ways to get the product legally:
- by buying it
- by searching for a promo
- by looking up for free alternatives
any other ways like cracking software or bypassing it's internal trial detection mechanisms are illegal and if you do this then you're a thief!
It is simple as f**k: if you like the software go and buy it to honor the devs.

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
If you like the product so much, why you want to cheat on developers? There are three ways to get the product legally:
- by buying it
any other ways like cracking software or bypassing it's internal trial detection mechanisms are illegal and if you do this then you're a thief!
absolutely you're right...we should honor the author/developers if you afford...other this you act like a thief...right?

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
- by buying it
I like to torrent things & then go buy the program LOL.... am i still a thief?

Jaffa_Whacka

Level 2
Verified
May 24, 2014
The free anti viruses just as good these days but if i come across a paid anti virus i like i take the free route and use there on demand scanner. So many free alternatives about and trying to get something paid free is to much hassle and could mess up your system. Just use Alternatives or if its a Scanner like ESET, Emisoft etc use there on demand scanner and use something like Avast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.