Guide | How To WiFi not working, troubleshooter says turn on wireless capability but not able to do so...

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Don Ultimate

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 16, 2014
My wifi is not working, I reinstalled all the drivers, installed all the updates, checked adapter settings, looks fine, but dont know how to solve the problem....when i diagnose the wifi adapter i gets the result that turn on wireless capability but my OS is windows 8, and the option for wifi enabling seems unavailable. Troubleshooter's report attached. plz help.

Attachments

• wifi not working.JPG
    wifi not working.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 2,194

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
My wifi is not working, I reinstalled all the drivers, installed all the updates, checked adapter settings, looks fine, but dont know how to solve the problem....when i diagnose the wifi adapter i gets the result that turn on wireless capability but my OS is windows 8, and the option for wifi enabling seems unavailable. Troubleshooter's report attached. plz help.
Is the "turn on wifi" option available like so:
15-clickoffbutton_tha_us_1365152255.png

D

Deleted member 178

go to "device manager" and check if something is listed under "network adapter", if not it means you don't have the proper drivers for the wireless card

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Not sure this will help, but try going to Control Panel/Power Options and check the drop-down boxes (click on Change Settings to get there) to see how yours is set up - make sure (in Advanced Settings under Wireless Adapter Settings/Power Saving Mode) that Wi-Fi is enabled by setting it to Maximum Performance.
Didi it work?

Umbra may be correct that you dont have the proper driver installed, therefore the wifi adapter is not being recognised!

Don Ultimate

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 16, 2014
I checked the device manager too...i think it is also fine...:( attached snap.

Attachments

• wifi3.JPG
    wifi3.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,564

Don Ultimate

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 16, 2014
Oh yes i checked that too...it is set to maximum performance only...did u mean this (attached snap) ??

Attachments

• wifi4.JPG
    wifi4.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 1,718

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Oh yes i checked that too...it is set to maximum performance only...did u mean this (attached snap) ??
Set both to "max performance"!

If that doesnt help, see my link above for a possible resolution!

D

Deleted member 178

1- if it is a laptop, be sure to turn on the wifi button ^^

2- in Device Manager, uninstall the wireless driver -the Centrino one- (don't delete it from the system) , then click "scan for hardware change" and see what happens

Reactions: MalwareDetective

Don Ultimate

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 16, 2014
I did that too, but didnt workd... I checked ur link..it is very nice but i tried everything written there, except updating BIOS, but that I updated in early this year and there was not any problem in wifi after that...this problem has arisen recently...and there's no new update for BIOS in the manufacturer's website...thanks for this, but any other suggestion that i cn imply??

Reactions: Venustus

Don Ultimate

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 16, 2014
I tried that...Uninstalled centrino wireless adapter from device manage, it was removed from there....when i clicked on "Scan for hardware changes", it again appears, may be got reinstalled automatically...

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I tried that...Uninstalled centrino wireless adapter from device manage, it was removed from there....when i clicked on "Scan for hardware changes", it again appears, may be got reinstalled automatically...
Is it a laptop?
What brand is it?
Is flight mode on by any chance?

D

Deleted member 178

yes but by doing it, you reset all the network settings. So still no connections?

Don Ultimate

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 16, 2014
@venustus my details are:
Laptop
HP Pavilion DM4 3022-TX Beats Edition NB PC
And flight mode is not On....using flight mode button i can toggle on/off the flight mode but wifi button has been grayed out.

@Umbra Polaris
Problem still not solved...I am currently using LAN cable but wifi still not getting On. I removed LAN cable and tried but even then didn't work...I checked all the drivers and updates- both Windows and HP's but not able to find why i am getting this problem...

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
@venustus my details are:
Laptop
HP Pavilion DM4 3022-TX Beats Edition NB PC
And flight mode is not On....using flight mode button i can toggle on/off the flight mode but wifi button has been grayed out.

@Umbra Polaris
Problem still not solved...I am currently using LAN cable but wifi still not getting On. I removed LAN cable and tried but even then didn't work...I checked all the drivers and updates- both Windows and HP's but not able to find why i am getting this problem...
After doing some research it seems you may need this driver for your wifi!
I dont see it installed in your device manager!Try it and let me know
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...dlc=en&lc=en&os=4132&product=5254492&sw_lang=

Reactions: frogboy

Don Ultimate

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 16, 2014
Hi, I think the driver was instalIed but I downloaded again, installed the Qualcomm driver and restarted...but even then nothing changed. I looked to the device manager and it is not showing this driver...

Attachments

• wifi5.JPG
    wifi5.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,369

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.