Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
1435849719_screen_shot_2015_07_02_at_9_27_21_am.jpg

1435849696_screen_shot_2015_07_02_at_9_39_38_am.jpg

Read more:
http://download.microsoft.com/downl...-DE018B0CD3E5/Windows 10 Compare Editions.pdf

Reactions: Sr. Normal

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I'm totally confused with all these editions. When will MS learn, more editions complicate things and they should stick with only 3 versions as they with Win 8.1.

Reactions: MrExplorer

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
I'm totally confused with all these editions. When will MS learn, more editions complicate things and they should stick with only 3 versions as they with Win 8.1.
? Not too hard since we will mostly using Home and Pro on our home computers and Enterprise if you own a business/company. Education is for schools!

Windows 7 was worse though with Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise!

Also, it seems like Home vs Pro has basically no difference. Is home only 32-bit? Starter of W7 was 32-bit only I think and Home Premium was the first 64-bit system.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well as always since Windows 8 implemented better comparison, then no reason for going to PRO unless you want to do so because its limitations are far from the reality you use everyday.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I am probably going to update to windows 10 looks good does anyone think it is better for gaming than windows 7 or windows 8

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
no i want a Windows that is fully virtualized , with 30 honeypot servers on 20+ high speed proxies with all packet crypted with a 1024 bits encryption algorithm !
MS will bind us to VR as they did in Total Recall.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

How are you confused? There are only 2 available for consumers... :rolleyes:

Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro.
Windows 10 Mobile is for smartphones.

Windows 10 Enterprise and Education are for business, corporate environments and educational institutes, these environments require more control and restrictions. While Windows 10 IoT is for a much larger scale, far beyond the needs of your home PC.

Reactions: jamescv7
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.