Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
WINDOWS 9 FULL DAILY STORIES @ SOFTPEDIA
WINDOWS 10 FULL DAILY STORIES @ SOFTPEDIA

---------------------------------------------------
SELECTED NEWS UPDATES (will be updated when new reports are in)
---------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Full Details: Start Menu, Multiple Desktops, Windowed Metro Apps
Microsoft today confirmed that Windows 10 is the next version of its operating system, thus skipping Windows 9 and going directly to a completely new operating system that also signals a fresh start for its modern platform.

Microsoft’s New Windows Will Be Called Windows 10
Microsoft has just announced at a press conference in San Francisco that its new operating system would be called Windows 10, contrary to all rumors that have reached the web in the past few months.

Windows 9 Event Kick Off Times
Microsoft will present Windows 9 preview in action for the very first time today on 30th Sep in a press-only event in San Francisco, while the build is expected to be released for download in just a few days for everyone interested to see what’s to come in the operating system.

Windows 7 to Windows 9 Upgrade to Cost $30 – Report
Windows 9 will play multiple roles when it hits the market in early 2015, and in addition to providing users with a much more familiar working environment and new features, the new OS will also help Microsoft itself get over the Windows 8 failure.

Microsoft: Windows 9 Will Be Free for Windows 8 Users
Windows 9 preview is almost here, as Microsoft will unveil the first public build of the upcoming operating system in just a few days, but we have already heard quite a lot of details about this product thanks to people who are more or less familiar with the development plans.

Windows 9 Multiple Desktops Details Revealed
The leaked Windows 9 screenshots that reached the web yesterday confirmed that Microsoft was working to implement multiple desktops in the upcoming operating system, but obviously very little was known about this brand new feature.

New Windows 9 Video Leaks, Shows a Windows 7-like Start Menu with No Live Tiles
There’s no doubt that the Start menu is going to be a really important addition to the Windows 9 feature lineup, so interest in this particular change remains quite high these days.

Windows 9 Will Allow Users to Disable the Start Menu
Microsoft is working to make Windows 9 to better tackle users’ needs and in order to do so, the company wants to implement more configuration options that would allow them to enable the features they want.

Windows 9 Screenshots leaked
Windows 9 Preview will be released for download later this month, but the very first screenshots showing the upcoming build in action are already here.

Last edited:

Alucard

Level 2
Verified
Sep 28, 2014
I am surprised Microsoft is not doing a live stream for the unveiling. I would of liked to have watched that since I would be out of class and doing nothing during that time period.
For anyone who really follows this topic, the times Microsoft will unveil Windows 9 is at:
10:00 AM - Pacific
11:00 AM - Mountain
12:00 PM - Central
1:00 PM - Eastern
5:00 PM - GMT
6:00 PM - London
7:00 PM - Paris
9:00 PM - Moscow
1:00 AM (October 1) - Hong Kong
2:00 AM (October 1) - Tokyo
3:00 AM (October 1) – Sydney
(Source: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-9-Event-Kick-Off-Times-460399.shtml)

So check online during those times.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
event starts at 10:45 PM here in my country....duct tape ready to keep my eye open hehe :D

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
http://live.theverge.com/microsoft-windows-9-event-live-blog/

"Windows 10"

sT9kt9H.jpg

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Was that today? I missed it.

Windows 10. I bet no one expected that, except for diehard Apple fanboys who strongly believed Microsoft were to copy Apple with their next OS.

Now I wonder, if they will copy Apple Mac. Windows 10.x and so on with their new-gen OS. I think they'll take on ChromeOS too, with fast and fluid updates.

Alucard

Level 2
Verified
Sep 28, 2014
Windows 10? where is Windows 9? i missed it ? :D
I think Windows 8.1 was Windows 9.
I don't really understand companies and why they do this with numbers.
In my opinion it should of been
Windows 1
Windows 2
Windows 3
Windows 4
Windows n, where n is the newest version.

Simple and easy to understand.
There's Xbox 360 and then randomly we back to Xbox One, to me it seemed like we went backwards with that. o_O

Reactions: Dubseven
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.