Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
The first cumulative update for Windows 10 since launch seems to be causing issues for some users who are now stuck with inconsequential loops.

When Microsoft first announced that home users will not have the option to disable updates, botched patches was one of the major concerns of the users. Now, it seems we have already come across such a patch as the KB3081424 update is failing to install repeatedly for some users after hitting a certain percentage. Additionally, the update takes a lot of time to uninstall and goes into a loop.

Affected users have been reporting the issue on Microsoft Answers forum with hopes to get a official solution from the company. So far, there is no such solution available except for a workaround which has worked for a majority of users on the forum. The workaround relies on removing entries from the Registry and comes with its share of risk.

Users can also try to install the update manually from the following links - Windows Update: x86 | x64

Source: Microsoft Answers via WindowsITPro

Reactions: frogboy and XhenEd

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Thankfully, I don't have this issue. It installed on my laptop without issues.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
There have been issues with certain Windows 7 updates causing users to get stuck in an endless boot loop.Windows 8 also saw problems with updates as well the update service itself becoming unusable.Now Windows 10 and no option to disable updates.Makes one think about our old friend XP.
Poor HP,seems they will never make a machine that doesn't have a problem with the OS or the updates :D

Reactions: XhenEd

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hmm... Well if we are going to analyse the logic problem of here then for sure something collide that makes the computer trouble enough to update that patch.

Cause let's compare a brand new computer and a 1-2 years old computer.

The verdict: There's more chances that a successful update happen on a brand new computer than its 1-2 years old because of any possible hardware changes or corrupted Windows Update that needs only a refresh algorithm. *

*No issues for me in my HP Notebook 14.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Users can also try to install the update manually from the following links:

KB3081424
Architecture: 32-bit
Download

KB3081424
Architecture: 64-bit
Download

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: XhenEd and frogboy

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
All installed and okay - I think I am going to buy the Pro version, my mate in IT said you would regret upgrading. My auntie always said, never buy a new car, wait at least a year so they iron out the faults and glitches.

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
I use windows 10 pro x64 and is slowly growing on me.Sometimes its slow and buggy but i find it better than windows 8.1, in my opinion its almost as good as windows 7 but i'm hoping the next big update MS issue will iron out some of these issues and bugs. Oh before i go the current themes are dreadful and i'm searching the web for decent themes to use:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.