BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
UzWKG.jpg

Microsoft has announced today a new patch for Windows 10 and this one is packed with updates, 18 in total. You can download the patch now by going to Windows Update and checking for updates.

So what has been patched this time around? Everything from the start menu not opening to improving battery life of your device. You can check out the entire change log below and for those of you that are curious, this patch has the label of KB3036140.

1. XBOX Live-enabled games that require sign-in do not launch, and incorrectly display the message, "To use this app, you need to sign in with the Microsoft account that was used to download it."
  2. The Start Menu fails to launch shortly after install
  3. The shortcut for the new Store (Beta) does not appear on the taskbar
  4. The user remains at the "Please Wait" screen when attempting to sign in with a Smart Card connected
  5. Virtual machines (VMs) lose connectivity to virtual hard drives (VHDs)
  6. Users receive Error 0x8E5E05E2 when installing apps
  7. The system stops responding when installing apps from the Store
  8. There is a delay when opening a new tab in Internet Explorer
  9. The system fails to resume from sleep when connected to multiple monitors with some graphics drivers
  10. The user is presented with the incorrect End-User License Agreement (EULA) during upgrade
  11. The Settings app incorrectly reports that new builds are available, which return error 0x80246017 when attempting to download
  12. The screen doesn't properly refresh after rotating between portrait and landscape
  13. Creating a virtual machine or bringing a HyperV host under management results in error 0x80200065 - "The transfer was paused because the computer is in power-saving mode. The transfer will resume when the computer wakes up."
  14. Windows Remote Desktop Client crashes when playing video or displaying fast moving images in a remote session
  15. Reliability improvements for virtual machine live migrations
  16. Reliability improvements to prevent some system crashes
  17. Reliability improvements to prevent possible data corruption
  18. Increased power efficiency to extend battery life
After seeing all the improvements, it is worth your time to spend a few minutes to make sure your machine has this patch applied. For those wondering, before this patch was applied, you could seeunreleased builds of Windows 10 via Windows update, that is no longer possible after the patch is installed.

While we do not expect any major issues with this download, do let us know in the comments below if you run into any problems.

View: Windows 10 Patch Details

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
but i will stay for 3 or 4 month...
i love windows 8.1 very much dose win10 compatible with win8.1 software?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I know for sure that ESET and Outpost work on windows 10.Havent tried anything else yet.Most other programs I have installed seem to be working good.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I know for sure that ESET and Outpost work on windows 10.Havent tried anything else yet.Most other programs I have installed seem to be working good.
Does the ESET's HIPS work on Windows 10? I know it had problems...

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
The most ugliest version of windows ever released since XP.
Start up looks like you have installed tons of adware.
Also i am sure that many of the programs who works like a charm in windows 7 will not work in 10.....
Windows 10 looks more like an OS for smartphones than OS for PC.......too bad
Where is the awesome simplicity of XP and 7? I wonder......

Reactions: Koroke San

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Also i am sure that many of the programs who works like a charm in windows 7 will not work in 10.....
I think it would be better than Windows 8, will see if it would be better than Windows 7. Waiting for RTM

Reactions: MikeV
D

Deleted member 21043

Does the ESET's HIPS work on Windows 10? I know it had problems...
I had issues as well, on previous builds. Must have been an issue with the driver.

I think it's the best-designed version of Windows ever released.
Start up I think was well done and looks nice.
Some apps work, some apps don't. Had no issues with exception of Antivirus products and Virtualbox.
Windows 10 looks more like an OS for PC than Smartphone, in my opinion.
I'm running the build right now and as far as I can see, it doesn't get as simple as it is for me to use right now.

NOTE: The screenshot above is outdated.. Let me show you the new screenshot.
http://snag.gy/P4Pse.jpg I think this new version looks better than image above.

I mean, that's my opinion. Some people are bound to not like it, some people (me) do like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Some apps work, some apps don't. Had no issues with exception of Antivirus products and Virtualbox.
I'm running the build right now and as far as I can see, it doesn't get as simple as it is for me to use right now.

http://snag.gy/P4Pse.jpg I think this new version looks better than image above.

I mean, that's my opinion. Some people are bound to not like it, some people (me) do like it.
I will upload a new screenshot on the main post.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013

I respect your opinion, i just want to make clear mine.......
Παρουσίαση1.png

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No.2 issue existed as I test the latest build of Windows 10 Technical preview on Virtual Machine.

Anyway regarding in the changes made, the start menu style is fine but of course design to adapt on smartphones and touch screen devices; therefore Microsoft wanted to provide something new.

Personally Windows XP and 7 are really the top line OS as that time before, smartphones and other devices are not totally full blown out so interface have separated styles.

;)

Reactions: BoraMurdar

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I don't like the start screen/menu design either, it would be better if the Windows 10 would be able to detect the device on which is going to be installed and to adapt it's interface differently on touch device and non-touch device.
But I like new Cortana, new Office Apps, Spartan Browser with Extensions support, default mkv support...

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@MikeV What software won't work in Windows 10, don't forget developers will update to make them compatible.

OS X doesn't provide backwards compatibility like Windows does.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
@MikeV What software won't work in Windows 10, don't forget developers will update to make them compatible.

OS X doesn't provide backwards compatibility like Windows does.

I had issues with Windows 8.1 and some of my music production software:
-Reaper
-Presonus - Studio One
- Adobe Audition 3
- Sony - Soundforge 8
and tons of my music plugins (some of them are only .dll files.....:eek:)

and some others i don't remember right now......
In general a lot of programs that i use doesn't work on windows 8.1 unless if i have the latest version (which i don't like )
Windows 8.1 was more ''fragile'' and sensitive instead of windows 7 which literally can load even the most old program without problems and crashes.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The exact problem is the versions you are using, they are all OLD versions. Of course there will be compatibility issues, they were developed for an era when Windows 8.1 or 10, didn't exist. For reference, Windows 7 was released in 2009.

Latest: Adobe Audition CC - https://creative.adobe.com/products/audition (Supports: Win7/8/8.1)

Latest: Sony Sound Forge Pro 11 - http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/soundforgepro/techspec (Supports: Win7/8/8.1)

If you can upgrade your Hardware, do the same for your Software.

Got any more complaints? Go here -> Windows Feedback: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-updates-feedback-pc

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
The exact problem is the versions you are using, they are all OLD versions. Of course there will be compatibility issues, they were developed for an era when Windows 8.1 or 10, didn't exist. For reference, Windows 7 was released in 2009.

Latest: Adobe Audition CC - https://creative.adobe.com/products/audition (Supports: Win7/8/8.1)

Latest: Sony Sound Forge Pro 11 - http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/soundforgepro/techspec (Supports: Win7/8/8.1)

If you can upgrade your Hardware, do the same for your Software.

Got any more complaints? Go here -> Windows Feedback: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-updates-feedback-pc

Wowwww you did all this search for me....I am honored...Thank you very much!!!
However i know there are new versions of Adobe Audition & Sony Soundforge, the problem is that they are more complicated to use and i don't like them.
In windows 7 even if a program is older it can be load without any problems or crashes. In windows 8.1 things are not like this.
And it's not only these 2 programs...i have some specific plugins that i use constantly and i had problems with win8.1
That's why i like win7 so much....it is very stable,loading everything you install,no hung ups,no crashes,and definitely more simple than win 8.1 that throwing this big screen full of tabs to your face when you log in.
I general my feeling is that win7 is more ''heavyweight'' OS than win8-8.1 which happened to be more sensitive to my case.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
FYI, Windows 8.1 allows users to load directly to the desktop, and the correct term would be Start Screen. Tabs are found in the web browser or some 3rd party desktop applications. You should try Windows XP IE6, it comes with no tabs, might be useful.

I have found Windows 8/8.1 more stable than 7. Only BSOD when testing Beta Security software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.