Advice Request Windows 7 Product key on laptop's back

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elias Amr

Thread author
Verified
Mar 31, 2015
so i have a product key on the back of my laptop.....can i use it? if yes, i don't have a windows cd....i have recovery partition but i want clean install.....

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
Download ISO file of Windows 7 and insert product key from back of notebook. :) Recovery partition only copy preinstalled windows with inserted product key.

Reactions: Elias Amr

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
so i have a product key on the back of my laptop.....can i use it? if yes, i don't have a windows cd....i have recovery partition but i want clean install.....
Yes it is an OEM Key.You shouldn't have any problems activating it with that key.You can find the appropriate Windows 7 download link here http://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-downloads-for-all-operating-systems.39213/

What version of Windows 7 came installed on your Laptop? That would be the appropriate download.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Yes it is an OEM Key.You shouldn't have any problems activating it with that key.You can find the appropriate Windows 7 download link here http://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-downloads-for-all-operating-systems.39213/

What version of Windows 7 came installed on your Laptop? That would be the appropriate download.

I don't believe there is a "legit" way to download Windows 7 iso files anymore. Works for Windows 8 though. All Windows 7 dowloads have stopped being supported. Except on this site http://getintopc.com/softwares/operating-systems/ which may or may not be legit. They do however have matching hashes with official Microsoft site and are direct download at high speed.

To be fair though, this link is in that topic, just not in an easy spot to see it.

Elias Amr

Thread author
Verified
Mar 31, 2015
Download ISO file of Windows 7 and insert product key from back of notebook. :) Recovery partition only copy preinstalled windows with inserted product key.
First check...1 doubt goes...thanks for first reply

second check....another doubt...but those links are official from Microsoft because i want the original.....beside my oem says windows 7 home premium.....

Elias Amr

Thread author
Verified
Mar 31, 2015
I don't believe there is a "legit" way to download Windows 7 iso files anymore. Works for Windows 8 though. All Windows 7 dowloads have stopped being supported. Except on this site http://getintopc.com/softwares/operating-systems/ which may or may not be legit. They do however have matching hashes with official Microsoft site and are direct download at high speed.

To be fair though, this link is in that topic, just not in an easy spot to see it.
you making this worse :3

if someone could explain me if microsoft does not support these download then how people get them?

Last edited by a moderator:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
This may help you
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery

1.PNG

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
First check...1 doubt goes...thanks for first reply

second check....another doubt...but those links are official from Microsoft because i want the original.....beside my oem says windows 7 home premium.....
Did you personally buy the laptop originally?
If so then then your key is legit and the links provided for those ISO's are legitimate.They are not from a torrent or other site where the ISO files could be compromised
If your sticker says home premium then you have to download the home premium ISO.The key will not work for say Ultimate
When your installing Windows 7 you can skip entering the license key.Once installed you will need to put in the key to activate it
If it doesn't work and it is a legit key call Microsoft and they will activate it

Elias Amr

Thread author
Verified
Mar 31, 2015
Simple write to google "Windows 7 MSDN" and download it. :)
you are the man, thanks so much, thread fixed :)
If so then then your key is legit and the links provided for those ISO's are legitimate.They are not from a torrent or other site where the ISO files could be compromised
If your sticker says home premium then you have to download the home premium ISO.The key will not work for say Ultimate
When your installing Windows 7 you can skip entering the license key.Once installed you will need to put in the key to activate it
If it doesn't work and it is a legit key call Microsoft and they will activate it
ok thanks for reply another person to loose my doubts...thanks all

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
There's no "legit" way to download Windows 7 ISO's anymore, like @OokamiCreed said above, if you have an OEM key...
What about OEM?
OEM and SB customers can't get their software through the recovery centre. However, Microsoft will send you a replacement disk instead. A small processing fee applies.

In case your OEM product is not eligible for a replacement disk, we suggest you get in touch with Microsoft customer care through the above link.
The thing is that you can always find some copy that someone reuploaded on hosting services or torrents, but check twice before installing those

Elias Amr

Thread author
Verified
Mar 31, 2015
There's no "legit" way to download Windows 7 ISO's anymore, like @OokamiCreed said above, if you have an OEM key...

The thing is that you can always find some copy that someone reuploaded on hosting services or torrents, but check twice before installing those
will keep that in mind

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015

The only thing I have to add on to this is, it also does not matter if it is 32bit or 64bit as long as it is Windows 7 Home Premium. The key will activate both.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/oper...home-premium-free-download-iso-32-bit-64-bit/

While this may not be official, this is a legit (unmodified) version. The hashes match those of official hosted ones on the Microsoft site. I've already tested these before.

You can use this site for proof https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/su...ensions=.iso&PageSize=10&PageIndex=0&FileId=0

While you can not download these, if you click "Details", you can see the hashes. Sorry if I was no help to you. Only other thing I can recommend is buying a disc from Amazon or something...

Elias Amr

Thread author
Verified
Mar 31, 2015
The only thing I have to add on to this is, it also does not matter if it is 32bit or 64bit as long as it is Windows 7 Home Premium. The key will activate both.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/oper...home-premium-free-download-iso-32-bit-64-bit/

While this may not be official, this is a legit (unmodified) version. The hashes match those of official hosted ones on the Microsoft site. I've already tested these before.

You can use this site for proof https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/downloads/hh442898.aspx#searchTerm=windows 7 home premium&ProductFamilyId=0&Languages=en&Architectures=x64&ProductFamilyIds=350&FileExtensions=.iso&PageSize=10&PageIndex=0&FileId=0

While you can not download these, if you click "Details", you can see the hashes. Sorry if I was no help to you. Only other thing I can recommend is buying a disc from Amazon or something...
Well, thanks so

Reactions: OokamiCreed

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
As @OokamiCreed @BoraMurdar stated there is no legit way to download these anymore however there are many sites and torrents that have the legitimate unmodified versions available for download. The link provided in the post above by @OokamiCreed is clean and the hashes match. The best thing to do is download the ISO's you need and then do the following:

Burn it to a CD and keep it for future needs
Make a bootable USB and save that for future installation
Save it to an external HDD or cloud storage to make a CD or bootable USB when needed

I have Windows XP,Windows 7 Home premium,Pro and ultimate as well as Windows 8.1 Pro ISO's all saved to an external drive as well as 7 Ultimate burned to a CD & 8.1 on a dedicated bootable USB

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
As @OokamiCreed @BoraMurdar stated there is no legit way to download these anymore however there are many sites and torrents that have the legitimate unmodified versions available for download. The link provided in the post above by @OokamiCreed is clean and the hashes match. The best thing to do is download the ISO's you need and then do the following:

Burn it to a CD and keep it for future needs
Make a bootable USB and save that for future installation
Save it to an external HDD or cloud storage to make a CD or bootable USB when needed

I have Windows XP,Windows 7 Home premium,Pro and ultimate as well as Windows 8.1 Pro ISO's all saved to an external drive as well as 7 Ultimate burned to a CD & 8.1 on a dedicated bootable USB
I cannot sleep if these aren't near my bed... :cool::rolleyes:
WP_20150511_19_16_46_Pro.jpg

+ My original Windows 8.1 Pro ISO (on my external HDD and MEGA)
+ My original Windows 7 Pro SP1 ISO (on my external HDD and MEGA)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
http://www.techverse.net/download-windows-7-iso-x86-x64-microsofts-official-servers/

There is no more came from the Microsoft server rather than accessing the recovery center by a purchase license (Not OEM caused It didn't work from my Samsung Laptop Windows 8.1 OEM before).

That should be fine on entering the license key on the back, caused my brother manage to run the old laptop way back Windows VIsta (torrent) with valid license from the back of the laptop.

Reactions: BoraMurdar
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.