Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
PC booting to temp account
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Tried from Microsoft forum. SFC Scan Now process is going on.
Can some one help me boot back to my account ?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Is this a lost of administration rights to your administration account (Windows 8) ?

Which solution from Microsoft forum did you try?

Upvote 0

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
You can try a a recovery by pressing F8 during reebot.

Edit 1 : Did you try signing out of the account and manually enter your login details?

Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
You can try a a recovery by pressing F8 during reebot.

Edit 1 : Did you try signing out of the account and manually enter your login details?
Yes I tried to restore my PC, but its not completing and popping out error of failed system restore.
Indeed I tried restarting and signing in. Haven't tried signout and sign in.

Upvote 0

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
Well Sign Out and see if you get the "Other User" Tab you can manually enter your details there and see if that works out. Or you can try what @jamescv7 suggested.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/lost-administrative-rights-in-windows (You may consult this if probably related to your problem)

Is your account totally a local or administrator? Can you provide a screenshots of the user accounts on the control panel?
Capture.PNG I guess i'm the admin.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.