Status
Not open for further replies.

Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
Microsoft is currently set to roll out Update 1 for Windows 8.1 soon and now rumors are circulating yet again about the next version of Windows - currently known as Windows 9. This information comes from Wzor, the man responsible for the recent Windows 8.1 Update 1 leaks. We're going to label it as a rumor for now, for obvious reasons.

According to Wzor, Windows 9 will reach Beta in May of this year. This will be the only Beta version of the operating system. A Release Candidate build of Windows 9 will then arrive sometime between late August and September of this year. Sign-off for the final build of Windows 9 will take place sometime between the end of October to the middle of November. Wzor is sticking to his claim that Windows 9 will hit RTM between October 21st and October 25th.

However, the well-connected Mary Jo Foley over at ZDnet recently said she heard from her sources that Windows 9 Threshold RTM will not hit RTM in October 2014, as rumored by Wzor. According to Mary Jo Foley, "By the way, for what it's worth, I'm hearing from my sources that WZor's claims this week that Threshold will be released to manufacturing in October 2014 are inaccurate. Maybe he's hearing about something like another Windows 8.1 Update."

Microsoft is expected to introduce a plethora of new features including floating modern apps as well as some sort of "mini" Start Menu, but it seems they'll not be a part of the Windows 8.1 Update 1, according to Foley. It could, however, make an appearance next year with Windows 9.

Reactions: ZeroDay

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Mostly peoples here prefer window 7 then window 8 & window 8 still doesn't support many software's which i use . same for window 9, if it launch in market it won't support many software's which i use on my pc & will take time to fully compilable with window 9. so i say no to windows 9 . But yeah in VMware, i'll use window 9. thnx :D

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Yes, I think I may be one of 'the people here' whom feel comfortable with Windows 7 that works; and may even be finding it hard to say goodbye to XP.:rolleyes: Any improvements for Windows 8, including 8.1's march into the light as a future system 9, shall be a welcome change.;) Working support with greater software compatibility will continue to be that "something better" each of us has to look forward to.:cool:

Reactions: Koroke San

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Yes, I think I may be one of 'the people here' whom feel comfortable with Windows 7 that works; and may even be finding it hard to say goodbye to XP.:rolleyes: Any improvements for Windows 8, including 8.1's march into the light as a future system 9, shall be a welcome change.;) Working support with greater software compatibility will continue to be that "something better" each of us has to look forward to.:cool:

Totally Agreed :D

I

illumination

I started off as a big fan of XP, then i graduated to windows 7 for a couple of years, which i learned to love it "other then it's extremely heavy feel".. Then i took windows 8 for a ride along 8 months or so, and have become accustomed to it, then bumped up to windows 8.1
Now that i have been on windows 8 and 8.1 for a bit, i could not do a backwards roll, as i have become accustomed to the extremely light and fast running, fast starting/shut down of this OS.. Not to mention the extra security measures built in.. So i will be staying in the game.

Reactions: Exterminator

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Windows XP is the all-time favourite for so many years.
Windows 7 is the best for desktop experience and compatibility.
Windows 8.1 is great for lightness and speed, and security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.