Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
DeviantArt user TheTechnoToast has made this beautiful Windows 9 concept that comes with a completely new taskbar and Start Menu, which both clearly look too good to be true.
This-Windows-9-Concept-Looks-too-Good-to-Be-True-408765-2.jpg

A concept created by DeviantArt user Mario B imagines the built-in Windows 9 file manager, which is a redesigned version of the File Explorer that comes with slight visual enhancements.
Windows-9-Design-Comes-with-a-Redesigned-File-Explorer-408627-2.png

This Start screen concept created by DeviantArt user Pulagatha comprises a new Start screen that drops the colorful design for a much simpler approach.
Windows-9-Concept-Drops-the-Start-Screen-Colorful-Design-for-a-Cleaner-Approach-407270-2.png

by Hassaan Ali
Windows-9-Concept-Features-a-Completely-Redesigned-Taskbar-407133-2.jpg

19-year-old Polish designer Daniel Skrzypoń has created this Windows 9 concept that (again) mixes the Metro UI and the traditional desktop with modern elements introduced by Microsoft in the newest OS versions.
What-If-Windows-9-Looks-Just-like-This-407015-2.png

DeviantArt user downloadsp, which brings forth a new desktop that looks a bit more eye-candy than the one currently offered to Windows 8.1 users.
Windows-9-Concept-Makes-the-Desktop-Pretty-Eye-Candy-406020-2.png

This concept brings some Windows 8.1 lock screen features right on the desktop. Credits: DeviantArt user RMNSkin.

win9concept1.png

The designer has used Linux as inspiration for his own concept. Credits: p0isonParadise on DeviantArt
win9concept2.png

One concept that comes with a full Start Menu. Credits: MarkusMcNugen on DeviantArt.
win9concept3.png

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
There's rumours that MS will ditch Metro/Modern UI, for Windows 8.2/9 as well as for WP9.

Reactions: sunil22

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I read it somewhere too, it will be combination of Metro and that new approach that will attract the users more than Windows 8 did for all this time

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
on the start Menu rumors

windows-8-1-start1.jpg

More details emerge on Microsoft’s plan to bring back Start menu
The Start menu really does look like it’ll be making a comeback in the next version of Windows. ZDNet confirms a report from Paul Thurrott earlier this week that Microsoft plans to bring back the Start menu to a future version of Windows 8. ZDNet doesn’t yet know whether the Start menu will come in a Windows 8.1-style update or whether it will be part of the larger “Threshold” update that’s on track to release in early 2015. All the same, ZDNet says that the Start menu is definitely on Microsoft’s radar especially because it doesn’t want Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 users to hold off on upgrading their PCs to Windows 8 because they’re worried about the new platform’s learning curve.

Beyond this, however, ZDNet’s sources say that Microsoft is still trying to hash out details of exactly what the new Start menu will include. There’s apparently some debate over whether to simply bring back the full Windows 7-style Start menu or whether to add a more scaled-back version that will still incorporate elements ofWindows 8′s polarizing Metro user interface.

“I’d assume the Start Menu will be a Desktop thing, like the 8.1 Start Button is,” speculates ZDNet reporter Mary Jo Foley. “Maybe it will simply provide users with a mini version of the list of all the apps installed on their Windows 8.x machines. I’d expect it to be designed to work decently with touch, even though from what both Thurrott and I have heard, the primary target audience for the new Start Menu will be those using Windows 8.x with keyboards and mice.”

Source

D

Deleted member 21043

I like all of the above concepts. I may try making one myself. If I do, I'll be sure to share it ;)

Reactions: BoraMurdar

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
After some minutes of looking at all those pictures, I remember several Linux Distros... Hmmm... for sure Windows are going for great customization like Linux.

D

Deleted member 21043

After some minutes of looking at all those pictures, I remember several Linux Distros... Hmmm... for sure Windows are going for great customization like Linux.
To be honest, I never really liked Linux. There's nothing wrong with Linux, but the first OS I used was Windows and over time I have learnt to use Windows. Therefore, I will always favor it to Linux. It just feels weird to use Linux knowing I would rather Windows.

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
To be honest, I never really liked Linux. There's nothing wrong with Linux, but the first OS I used was Windows and over time I have learnt to use Windows. Therefore, I will always favor it to Linux. It just feels weird to use Linux knowing I would rather Windows.
The only reason I switched back to Windows is because of Office 2013. If Office 2013 and several other programs could be perfectly installed/run on Linux without using Wine,etc., I would then use Linux and not Windows.

Iqbal

Apr 20, 2014
I like those pics, no offense but its smelling like iOS....... don't mind :p still happy with Win7

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.