Status
Not open for further replies.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Windows-9-Preview-to-Be-Released-for-Download-Later-This-Year.jpg

Windows 9 is most likely the hottest project currently prepared by Microsoft at this point and even though the company says absolutely nothing about it, we still have quite a lot of details about the operating system that's expected to revamp Redmond's modern platform.

At this point, it's not yet clear whether the preview versions of Windows 9 would be released to everyone or only to developers, but we're hearing that the company is trying to prevent future leaks with tightened security measures that would help identify the owner of a leaked copy of the operating system.

Every single build of Windows that's coming out of Redmond for testing purposes is digitally signed with a unique key, so Microsoft would be capable of finding the one who leaked it much easier than before.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
hmmm i think that my thoughts about windows 8/8.1 become reality.
I was suspicious about the release of version 9 having already a fresh project Win8.
I hope i am wrong, but as ''Vista'' was an ''experiment'' release so they release after the finalized Windows 7, i was always suspicious that Windows 8 is an ''experiment'' project (now i can explain too many bugs,instability etc etc) so they can after release the finalized Windows 9.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Windows 8 had the Developer Preview, then a Consumer Preview, will the C.Preview be digitally signed / unique key, I wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.