Troubleshoot windows error help please :(

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
the ordinal 333 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll as a popup
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
system restore - neve works anyway, restarted pc, reregistered the DLL
the ordinal 333 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll

please help it seems to pop up on most applications i open it doesnt stop them from working its just a pain in the backside

I

illumination

the ordinal 333 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll

please help it seems to pop up on most applications i open it doesnt stop them from working its just a pain in the backside

Try opening Command Prompt with Administrator Privileges,
type: sfc /scannow
to see if the missing iertutil.dll is provided by Microsoft, the system file checker tool should restore it.

Upvote 0

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! Wondering if that has some thing to do with IE . Do you have the latest IE up date. Just a guess?? These are things that I find when searching for that dll.file;)
I'm using IE11!
This error usually arises when the ietutil.dll file cannot be located. This file is critical in the operation of Internet Explorer, and without it IE cannot operate and so displays this error. If you receive one of these messages whilst attempting to operate Internet Explorer, it could well be that you are experiencing the iertutil.dll error.
Steps to fix iertutil.dll error effectively:
Step 1:place The iertutil.dll File Into C:/Windows/System32;
Step 2 :Manually Replace iertutil.dll On Your System;
Step 3 :Clean Out The Registry.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-ie

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    246 KB · Views: 472
Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
... if you have another working computer, then make a copy to your usb the iertutil.dll which located to C:/Windows/system32 then transfer to that affected computer.

Once done, restart your computer and check if it works.

James, I wanted to ask if this would work between different Windows operating systems. For example, might XP &/or 7 SP 1 have the identical iertutil.dll in the same locations as Windows 8.1?;)

Thanks!:D

Last edited:
Reactions: jamescv7
Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
James, I wanted to ask if this would work between different Windows operating systems. For example, might XP &/or 7 SP 1 have the identical iertutil.dll in the same locations as Windows 8.1?;)

Thanks!:D

Well as much as possible the right version must be placed, in order to obtain the IE to read the .dll. Caused they have different versions to consider of.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the OP, in order to replace the .dll if sfc/scannow could not work follow this steps caused it needs administrator approval to execute such operation since its crucial critical files.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...to-files/5203914d-9357-4b71-a4c5-a2d11d392fff

Upvote 0

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
You could try rolling the dll back if you're in Win7 or later. Find the file in windows\system32. Right-click and choose Properties. Go to the Previous Versions tab and see if something is saved there. Choose the most recent backup version. You may have to reboot to get an accurate idea whether the problem is solved. The link Donoteo supplied is very comprehensive.

Reactions: donetao
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.