Troubleshoot Windows Media Player encountered a problem while downloading the file.

acme

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 29, 2012
Anybody have this problem with WIN 10 ? Can't listen to the on-lone radio, like to uninstall - reinstall the APP but it's not like the 8.1 version :(

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What is the URL or web link you are attempting to Open with Windows Media Player? How are you opening the link, have you tried with a different web browser (ie. Firefox), or entered the URL in WMP?

To uninstall/install WMP in Windows 10

Search 'features' to directly open Windows Features.

upload_2015-8-28_17-44-22.png

You can toggle Windows Media Player to enable or disable. A system restart may be required for the changes.

upload_2015-8-28_17-39-59.png

Have you tried the Troubleshooting?

upload_2015-8-28_17-42-14.png

Windows 10 Support - Windows 10 help and how-to - Windows Help

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0

acme

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 29, 2012
Hi,
I tried another browser, actually 2 (FireFox and Google Chrome) but stills shows 'Windows Media Player encountered a problem while downloading the file.' Restored twice with different dates, rebooted, used ''Troubledshoot'. I didn't see how to uninstall 'Windows Media Player', I saw Windows 8.1 version. I saw Win 7 and 8.1. (might have missed it :rolleyes: )

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I didn't see how to uninstall 'Windows Media Player'

See my post again, Windows Media Player is nested under Media Features, in Windows Features. WMP can be removed from Windows 10 following those steps.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.