Guide | How To Windows Power Settings: Get tasks completed faster

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
While I cannot guarantee this method works for every computer or operating system. I have noticed once switching to a High Performance power setting in Windows 8.1, tasks such as installing or uninstall a piece of software get done much quicker, as more of the CPU is utilised.

You can change the power settings via Control Panel > All Items > Power Options > Choose High Performance.

For example - Un-Installation of a large program consisting of a few GB - on Windows 8.1 Update x64
  • In Power Saving, an ETA suggested up to 35 minutes.
  • In High Performance, the ETA dropped to less than 3 minutes.

Does changing the Power Options in Windows help get the tasks done quicker? Leave your comments.

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
thanks

one of the first things i do to a new pc it really helps with a laptop but it will make the batteries in a laptop
wear down much faster unless pluged in to a wall outlet

i also change some of the advanced power settings to make sure things like turn off display,hard disk,sleep ect.
are turned off also

i hate to be watching a movie and have the screen go black lol

:)

James

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I choose only Balanced and Power Saver profiles (automated by Process Lasso).
I never go for High Performance profile because I want to save electricity and my laptop's battery. This will also avoid my laptop to overheat. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.