Windows Registry what needs to be cleaned up and defrag

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad_rafiansyah

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 15, 2013
Hello everyone whether Registry on Windows need to be cleaned ..?
During this time I have never used a Registry cleaner, I'm just a beginner in the computer system so I want to ask to you everything what needs to clean up orphaned Registry to be cleaned.

Is it after cleaning the Windows Registry on the computer will be fast and responsive...? :confused::confused:

If it is necessary to clean the Windows Registry with what is the best software to clean it ...? :confused::confused::confused:

Reactions: done and Willams

Willams

Level 2
Verified
Jan 14, 2015
When you install programs and uninstall programs, many do not remove registry keys created.

As time went on , the windows registry is full of invalid entries . And this can influence the performance of the system.

Defragment your registry, compact and makes access to it by the fastest windows .

Particularly recommend Auslogics Registry Cleaner to clean , it's safe.

All I know cleaners do a backup of the removed registry keys. If necessary, you can restore it ( currently it is very rare to have problems with registry cleaner )

Reactions: ahmad_rafiansyah

ahmad_rafiansyah

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 15, 2013
When you install programs and uninstall programs, many do not remove registry keys created.

As time went on , the windows registry is full of invalid entries . And this can influence the performance of the system.

Defragment your registry, compact and makes access to it by the fastest windows .

Particularly recommend Auslogics Registry Cleaner to clean , it's safe.

All I know cleaners do a backup of the removed registry keys. If necessary, you can restore it ( currently it is very rare to have problems with registry cleaner )

What if it is not cleaned will slow down computer performance?

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015

The obvious answer is, no. Never touch registry unless you KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Letting the software clean your registry while you have no idea what is it for and why is it require to clean can makes your life go from happy to sad face.

Here is what Malwarebytes said about Registry Cleaner Oil.

Revo Uninstaller and Iobit Uninstaller will take care of that.

I have to disagree about this one, because i been installing game and uninstall game a lot and i never feel slow down at all. Matter of fact, i been installing a lot of applications and uninstall them and never feel any major performance hit at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LabZero

Willams

Level 2
Verified
Jan 14, 2015
Yes. But that is relative to the machine 's hardware in high/medium-performance computer may not be noticeable loss of performance. (currently this can occur even on low- performance machines)

However use a good registry cleaner is safe and 99% of them perform a backup before removing for safety if a problem occurs ( rare).

Last edited:

Willams

Level 2
Verified
Jan 14, 2015
Yes. But that is relative to the machine 's hardware in high-performance computer may not be noticeable loss of performance.

However use a good registry cleaner is safe and 99% of them perform a backup before removing for safety if a problem occurs ( rare).

The obvious answer is, no. Never touch registry unless you KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Letting the software clean your registry while you have no idea what is it for and why is it require to clean can makes your life go from happy to sad face.

I have to disagree about this one, because i been installing game and uninstall game a lot and i never feel slow down at all. Matter of fact, i been installing a lot of applications and uninstall them and never feel any major performance hit at all.

I respect your opinion.
Particularly disagree, but ok , they are opinions and I respect 100 % your opinion.

Now about the MalwareBytes , honestly , most of the registry cleaners software are 99.9 % safe.
I never say it's 100% safe, but i use Auslogics Registry Cleaner for years without any problem.

Revo e Iobit Unninstaller they are excellent softwares.

Reactions: SloppyMcFloppy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
As possible cleaning remnants of registry keys are more safer than to defrag, although many tools are prove to be match and use it regularly.

CCleaner is one of the example to be not so aggressive registry cleaner.

If the registry is too messy then performance may affect in such little way however better to conduct the operation regularly to clean unnecessary keys.

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015

agree
whatever you do DO NOT USE REG CLEANERS

I do not agree about revo best to use windows

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
agree
whatever you do DO NOT USE REG CLEANERS

I do not agree about revo best to use windows

Revo does do its job for me. I use revo to uninstall majority of applications that Windows built in uninstall love to left them over.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
This was a good read, a pity more don't follow these principles. :rolleyes:;)
But I don't know exactly by what the article meant by "rebuilding the registry hives from scratch". Is it the same as registry defragmentation?

Reactions: frogboy
L

LabZero

Defragment your registry, compact and makes access to it by the fastest windows
It would be interesting to see some benchmarks that demonstrate this.

Reactions: XhenEd and frogboy

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Saying that Windows is losing its speed over the time in my honest opinion is such a lie, by those people that just want to sell you a product that does nothing. Losing the system speed can't be given to the Windows itself, there are more factors that actually affect the speed. First, your hard drive is getting older and like every equipment it is losing its capabilities over the time. Second, the OS and all applications are constantly evolving bringing new technologies and features that ask for more system power and while you stay with the same configuration, you'll feel the slowness of course.

So, I would like to ask one basic question. How these invalid entries could possible affect the system performance, when they are invalid, that means inactive, empty, etc.? It is just not possible, those entries are empty and they only take several megabytes of your storage, nothing else.

Willams

Level 2
Verified
Jan 14, 2015
Saying that Windows is losing its speed over the time in my honest opinion is such a lie, by those people that just want to sell you a product that does nothing. Losing the system speed can't be given to the Windows itself, there are more factors that actually affect the speed. First, your hard drive is getting older and like every equipment it is losing its capabilities over the time. Second, the OS and all applications are constantly evolving bringing new technologies and features that ask for more system power and while you stay with the same configuration, you'll feel the slowness of course.

So, I would like to ask one basic question. How these invalid entries could possible affect the system performance, when they are invalid, that means inactive, empty, etc.? It is just not possible, those entries are empty and they only take several megabytes of your storage, nothing else.

Currently as said above is barely perceptible any loss or gain with registry cleaning , but when a simpler hardware configuration ( At the time of XP and 7) , I used the MV Reg Clean and was me noticeable improvements in the system, slightly noticeable.
I also noticed slight difference in other machines that worked to optimize the system .

Why for me , I consider it important to clear the record. By experience.

Note:
But your question is entirely correct , since the registration is invalid , there is no reason to interfere with the performance of the system.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Registry Cleaners will not speed your PC. If you wanna speed your PC, do a disk defrag and uninstall programs that you don't need. Also, there is something called Virtual Memory (Paging File) you can uncheck the automatic mode and set manual (1.5 x of your RAM).

I use Wise Disk Cleaner and Geek Uninstaller (Windows 10 64x).

Reactions: frogboy and XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.