Windows Server 2003 support is ending July 14, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 21043

Why doesn't this surprise me... I see a pattern of "ending" support from Microsoft. Can I blame them? No. They clearly want to work on new things, and Windows 10 seems to look quite promising in it's development. However, they should put their customers first; maybe do a vote and see what people think on whether they should wait a bit longer or just end support.

If not, Microsoft should at least give some sort of method for the customers to upgrade to a supported Operating System without having to repurchase the Operating System. As well as this, sometimes upgrading an OS can be even more costly if the licensed software you had on the previous one is no longer supported on the new OS, you may then have to purchase another alternative. Just another thought I had.

For example, Microsoft end support for Windows XP... They should then give maybe a 1 year license to a currently supported Operating System, and after that one year request payment for the OS. This gives the customer (or company) time to sort out all their software costings first (in the matter of having to purchase different software, see my second paragraph) and then work out enough to pay the price for the OS, as well as afterwards getting used to it. Think of it as a very extended trial, or "The Longest Trial Ever".

Then again, this is support being ended for Windows Server 2003. We could all see it coming, eventually. I wonder what will have support ended next, what do you think? I place my hats down to Windows 8. :D It seems like a stupid idea but I recon when Windows 10 is out and sank in the air for a few months, they'll try to wipe everyone off Windows 8 and onto the new, fresh Windows 10 Operating System. You think it's silly idea from me now, but we'll see.

Reactions: jamescv7
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.