Wizizard's Security Configuration

M

MalwareT

-Add AOMEI Backupper NOT OneKey Recovery and create bootable media inside program in case if your PC won't boot;
-Add Site Advisor instead of WOT because if you're trying to download something dangerous you have option to block download and it has more powerful filter than WOT ;
-Add uBlock origin to block ads ;
-Remove Spyware Blaster (unneeded)
-Add Sandboxie to run risky programs safely and browse sandboxed (if you pick Cryptolocker then just flush Sandbox ;) )

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I assume you have SP1 installed for your Windows 7.

Avast Free AV should be fine on your system, considering the fact you can explore a lot of settings like their default deny concept which will found under the category of File-Shield component.

Consider a backup browser of your choice in case of emergency or problematic issues.

You may add additional scanner like Hitman Pro or Zemana AntiMalware for once a week schedule.

M

MalwareT

Wise Disk Cleaner is much bettee than Ccleaner and Privazer imo ,and it has Defragger as well ;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I assume SP1 is installed.
Consider some type of back up plan
You could add one or two more on demand scanners
Consider adding an additional browser
I would add uBlock & HTTPS Everywhere to Chrome

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi, I suggest you to install BitDefender 60 Virus Scanner, because it is a very quick and light scanner, and it runs in background, so it doesn't slow down the PC.
Then you can install Auslogics Disk Defrag to improve the speed of your PC, so you can install a backup solution, such as Iperius Backup Free.
In addition you can install Collusion extension, which allows you to know which websites are tracking you, and this is very important.
So, you can install MPC-HC, which is a very good and fast media-player, and I suggest you to install a second browser.
Thanks for sharing it!! :) ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.