Prodot Total Maximum Protection/Antivirus version

Product name
Prodot Total Maximum Protection/Antivirus version
Pros
  • a) Fine tune antivirus/suite, pack with utilities which are very common and accessible for users want. (Using the engine of Zillya prior on signatures match)

b) Simple configuration especially the firewall where at default settings is interaction mode to collect all rules as possible.

c) In such on demand scanning, first pack which is a bit old like 2 weeks perhaps got 48/48.
CONS
a) The interface seems not a pleasing to me in my opinion.
B) No HIPS, BB, Cloud, Sandbox and more complex firewall capabilities techniques.
C) Web shield does not show in action at least 10-12 links.
D) It cannot handle the situation where my Virtual Machine made to BSOD.
E) Zero day links: 3/10 in my grain of salt samples.
F) Another pack for on demand scanning, makes it 0/26
G) Custom action from detected threats, seems there's a bug as I cannot command to delete them, instead the automatic action is set to Ignore.
BOTTOM LINE
Prodot company itself is very known for producing inks/cartridges, printers and others; but seems their AV needs to improve more and adapt the modern capabilities.

It can protect but far from other major competitors.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I've conduct a test on Virtualbox, Windows 7 Professional, 32 bit. Default settings are well covered to use for this test.

74.5 MB installer size:

cPMuJ0F.png

Firewall default mode: Interactive Mode

ECohGCv.png

Gucxgjy.png

Note: I've updated the definitions before throwing any malicious programs.

Their firewall tab came without almost empty default rules so interactive mode is activated to obtain any execution of application which rules is automatically applied.

Few of the screenshots:

xNkvz1m.png

r9dsRBY.png

BYi1L8P.png

Zero day links:3/10 + BSOD occurred during that test
On demand scanning:

First pack (48/48)*:

http://malwaretips.com/threads/torrentlocker-48-samples-avvendors-detection-ratio-test.43850/

* For some reason the 10 threats are set to Ignore and cannot change by custom which primarily DLL files.

Second pack (0/26)

http://malwaretips.com/threads/26-trojan-downloader-nemucod-download-cryptowall-2015-03-29.44175/

** I totally used old samples to guaranteed its effectiveness about this program.

***thanks @Malware Test for clarification.

Last edited:

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Feels very strange to me that a company that produces ink cartridges would suddenly develop an antivirus. I wouldn't say it's an exact clone of Zillya but it's quite similar. UI seems quite cluttered to me, all the settings are all over the place. Looking at their site, I don't see anywhere to report malware so I take it as they are using some 3rd party engine.

Also I love how they promote their AV as being the best in the market:
- If you are using Windows 7/8 then you should always try to use best antivirus for Windows 7/8 available in market.
- At Product, we are selling best antivirus products for your PC......

Looks like crapware to me

Deepam

Aug 5, 2015
Hi jamescv7, I want to know what is BSOD and can you share the links to download First pack and second pack samples?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.