Yahoo hijacking chrome, many ads, think its from Strong Signal, can't seem to remove.

Marty Kafka

Thread author
May 15, 2015
Operating System:

Windows 7
Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?:

64-bit (x64)
Infection date and initial symptoms:
May 01, 2015. Opened Chrome with all these adds popping up on all sides of the screen. Whenever i clicked anywhere on the page it would open some random add in a new tab.
Current issues and symptoms:

Keeps coming back after multiple scans with different software. Symptoms are same as initial symptoms.
Steps taken in order to remove the infection:
Removed the Chrome extension (until it started coming back but with no extension - somehow manages to do it), AVG Anti-Virus, AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, HitmanPro, Avast Browser Cleanup, tried uninstalling but there was no program.

^ This guy had the same problem a few days ago, he did a bit more than i did, but apparently he had some pirated things on his computer. All i've done is SpyHunter 4, which supposedly was supposed to fix this...it did not. So, i need the same answers that other guy needed.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.