Yigido's Config

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starchild76

Thread author
is saw on the first pages of this thread that you switched a lot between comodo products and others , did the firewall and other comodo drivers that are left behind during uninstall not cause you trouble??? what is your method to uninstall it completely without those left behind?? in case in want to test out cis again in the future :p

Reactions: Terry Ganzi
Y

yigido

Thread author
is saw on the first pages of this thread that you switched a lot between comodo products and others , did the firewall and other comodo drivers that are left behind during uninstall not cause you trouble??? what is your method to uninstall it completely without those left behind?? in case in want to test out cis again in the future :p
CIS has removal tool. This is what I used :)

Edit:
Thanks to @Chiron he created a topic into Comodo Forum. You can check it out.
https://forums.comodo.com/install-s...update-cis-to-avoidfix-problems-t58620.0.html

Reactions: starchild76

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014

When uninstalling cis,look in start up menu for comodo uninstaller & run it as admin wait for the reboot,when started look for leftover files & uninstall with revo pro if you have it,there you go clean:)
Make sure to go into option on revo pro & look for all programs & trace programs & tick all registry slots then highlight all programs & look for checked leftover & tick it & u'r off:)

Last edited:
S

starchild76

Thread author
When uninstalling cis,look in start up menu for comodo uninstaller & run it as admin wait for the reboot,when started look for leftover files & uninstall with revo pro if you have it,there you go clean:)

terry you the man!!! what should we do here without your expertize :p

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Jaffa_Whacka

Level 2
Verified
May 24, 2014
I reinstalled system yesterday also lol, i really should start using a VM instead of re installing the system every now and again at this rate my SSD wont last long. I use WSA AntiVirus and yea i know what you mean not many settings to play with i normally run without a AV but as its so light i left it on system and added Sandboxie, NVT EXE to play with and also Windows firewall. Also tried to get into Linux in the past but because i play some online games i couldent be botherd with wine etc i loved ubuntu even had it dual booted but always ended back on Windows. o_O

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Type,regedit;)
> look in the software folders
> find comodo & right click delete
> exit out of regedit
> make sure to restart the PC, very important.

Y

yigido

Thread author
Removed : Comodo Antivirus Module ( I kept the Firewall )
Installed : 360 TS ( I like theo new features of it)

I will stick with this amazing combo "Qihoo for Detection and CFW for unknown threats" :)
I do not want to change my security setup again! ( :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.