Guide | How To Your Mouseclick Matters Guide

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Andra Zaharia

From Heimdal
Verified
Jun 29, 2015
Infact just having a clear and fresh install of windows the very first time you connect trough the internet from within the windows installation can already infect you.

About the freshly installed Windows - how can you protect your PC during that process?

I tried to think about the possibilities, but nothing really useful occurred to me (also, I'm not the most technical person in the world).

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
About the freshly installed Windows - how can you protect your PC during that process?

I tried to think about the possibilities, but nothing really useful occurred to me (also, I'm not the most technical person in the world).

@Andra Zaharia

Maybe fresh installation without internet connection.
When everything is installed then connect and install some kind of protection (e.g. AV). :)

Regards,
Kardo

Reactions: sunil22

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Andra Zaharia :

Update all the patches for Windows, that's you're first primary step which no any third party programs yet that can retrieve your connection.

Now the problem arise is going to your browser, well in such theory you may open for any such attacks BUT in reality that's depends.

If you are going to download legitimate application, browsing to social networking sites, and watch videos on Youtube then you are not infected on that case.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Totally untrue you can be completely 100% safe just run Comodo with default deny auto-sandbox everything else but run ShadowDefender first and set the firewall to ask permission for every incoming and outgoing connection and if you don't hit block, well, that's what the VPN is for and oh, use In-Private incognito secure encrypted cookieless browsing, text only and disable file downloads!

Forget anti-keyloggers and keyboard driver encryption, unplug your keyboards and don't even think about using voice input because that's monitored by Google, Microsoft, and the NSA so unplug your microphone too. Just use your mouse and Character Map and paste your text and reverse your mouse buttons and inverse mouse directions until anti-mouse-loggers hit the market.

Also, don't install software: .NET is for Volleyball, Flash is for taking pictures in low-light, and Java should only be in a mug on your desk because after all that, drinking coffee is about all you can do! But you won't get hAxx0rzrz!!1!1!!

Char_Map.png

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Rolo : Installing .NET is still dependable especially if you are doing programming or install certain apps which that's not totally a problem for that.

Flash player and Java are totally optional too but more prone to security risks than .NET

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Rolo : Well I undertand your point, :) you may use and learn for educational purpose and in such IT industry, more depper on programming language like assembly is a must.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.