AVASoft Antivirus Professional is a computer virus (Rogue.WinWebSec), which pretends to be a legitimate security program and claims that malware has been detected on your computer.
If you try to remove these infections, AVASoft Antivirus Professional will state that you need to buy its “full version” before being able to do so.
AVASoft Antivirus Professional targets users browsing Internet websites, and rely on social engineering to deliver its payload.
On infected or hacked websites users are prompted by a pop-up window that has been carefully crafted to resemble a legitimate security warning. These pop-up windows typically alert a user of a computer infection, and then prompt the user to download and install AVASoft Antivirus Professional to resolve the apparent issue.
Some of the infections may have come from users downloading an infected codec file when they were trying to watch a video online, or users who receive a spam email and open an infected email attachment.
Once installed, AVASoft Antivirus Professional will display fake security alerts that are designed to think that your data is at risk or that your computer is severely infected.These messages include:
Security Monitor: WARNING!
Attention! System detected a potential hazard (TrojanSPM/LX) on your computer that may infect executable files. Your private information and PC safety is at risk.
To get rid of unwanted spyware and keep your computer safe your need to update your current security software.
Click Yes to download official intrusion detection system (IDS software).
AVASoft Antivirus Professional Warning
Your PC is still infected with dangerous viruses. Activate antivirus protection to prevent data loss and avoid the theft of your credit card details.
AVASoft Antivirus Professional Warning
Intercepting programs that may compromise your privacy and harm your system have been detected on your PC.
Click here to remove them immediately with AVASoft Antivirus Professional.
In reality, none of the reported issues are real, and are only used to scare you into buying AVASoft Antivirus Professional and stealing your personal financial information.
As part of its self-defense mechanism, AVASoft Antivirus Professional has disabled the Windows system utilities, including the Windows Task Manager and Registry Editor, and will block you from running certain programs that could lead to its removal.
This rogue antivirus has also modified your Windows files associations, and now whenever you are trying to open a program, AVASoft Antivirus Professional will block this operation and display a bogus notification in which will report that the file is infected.
Application cannot be executed. The file taskmgr.exe infected.
Please activate your antivirus software.
AVASoft Antivirus Professional will also hijack your web browser so that it displays a security warnings when attempt to visit a site. The text of this warning is:
Warning! The site you are trying visit may harm your computer!
Your security setting level puts your computer at risk!
Activate AVASoft Antivirus Professional, and enable safe web surfing (recommended).
Ignore warnings and visit that site in the current stat (not recommended).
When you see this message you can safely click on the Ignore warnings and visit that site in the current state (not recommended) link so that you can visit the site you are trying to go to.
If your computer is infected with AVASoft Antivirus Professional virus, then you are seeing the following screens:
AVASoft Antivirus Professional is a scam, and you should ignore any alerts that this malicious software might generate.
Under no circumstance should you buy this rogue security software as this could lead to identity theft,and if you have, you should contact your bank and dispute the charge stating that the program is a scam and a computer virus.
Registration codes for AVASoft Antivirus Professional
As an optional step,you can use any of the following license keys to register AVASoft Antivirus Professional and stop the fake alerts.
AVASoft Antivirus Professional activation code: AA39754E-715219CE
Please keep in mind that entering the above registration code will NOT remove AVASoft Antivirus Professional from your computer , instead it will just stop the fake alerts so that you’ll be able to complete our removal guide more easily.
AVASoft Antivirus Professional – Virus Removal Guide
STEP 1 : Start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts.Please keep in mind that you need to press the F8 key before the Windows start-up logo appears.
Note: With some computers, if you press and hold a key as the computer is booting you will get a stuck key message. If this occurs, instead of pressing and holding the “F8 key”, tap the “F8 key” continuously until you get the Advanced Boot Options screen.
- On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode with Networking , and then press ENTER.
STEP 2: Run RKill to terminate known malware processes associated with AVASoft Antivirus Professional.
RKill is a program that will attempt to terminate all malicious processes associated with AVASoft Antivirus Professional, so that we will be able to perform the next step without being interrupted by this malicious software.
Because this utility will only stop AVASoft Antivirus Professional running process, and does not delete any files, after running it you should not reboot your computer as any malware processes that are configured to start automatically will just be started again.
- While your computer is in Safe Mode with Networking ,please download the latest official version of RKill.Please note that we will use a renamed version of RKILL so that AVASoft Antivirus Professional won’t block this utility from running.
RKILL DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download RKILL renamed as iExplore.exe)
- Double click on iExplore.exe to start RKil,l and stop any processes associated with AVASoft Antivirus Professional.
- RKill will now start working in the background, please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and tries to terminate them.
IF you are having problems starting or running RKill, you can download any other renamed versions of RKill from here.
- When Rkill has completed its task, it will generate a log. You can then proceed with the rest of the guide.
WARNING: Do not reboot your computer after running RKill as the malware process will start again , preventing you from properly performing the next step.
STEP 3: Remove AVASoft Antivirus Professional malicious files with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a powerfull on-demand scanner which will remove AVASoft Antivirus Professional malicious files from your computer.
- You can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free from the below link,then double click on it to install this program.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process.
DO NOT make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware checked,then click on the Finish button.
- On the Scanner tab,select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to start scanning your computer.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for AVASoft Antivirus Professional malicious files as shown below.
- When the Malwarebytes scan will be completed,click on Show Result.
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected.Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown in the image.Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on the Remove Selected button.
- After your computer will restart in Normal mode, open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and perform a Full System scan to verify that there are no remaining threats
STEP 4: Remove AVASoft Antivirus Professional rootkit with HitmanPro
In some cases,AVASoft Antivirus Professional will also install a rootkit on victims computer.To remove this rootkit we will use HitmanPro.
- Download HitmanPro from the below link,then double click on it to start this program.
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a new web page from where you can download HitmanPro)
IF you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you start HitmanPro and all non-essential processes are terminated, including the malware process. (How to start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode – Video)
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- HitmanPro will start scanning your computer for AVASoft Antivirus Professional malicious files as seen in the image below.
- Once the scan is complete,you’ll see a screen which will display all the infected files that this utility has detected, and you’ll need to click on Next to remove this malicious files.
- Click Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and remove all the malicious files from your computer.