In a previous article we've written a step-by-step guide on how to disable the "Recent bookmarks" section, and in this guide we continue our tutorial with the "Articles for you" section.
- On your Android phone, open the Chrome app
- Type chrome://flags in the address bar and press Enter.
- In the Search flags box type (or copy/paste) the following: #enable-ntp-remote-suggestions.
- The "Show recently visited bookmarks on the New Tab page" flag will be set to "Default".
Click on the drop-down menu and select Disabled.
- Tap the Relaunch Now button that displays at the bottom of the screen to finish applying the change.
You can disable the other sections from Chrome's New Tab page by disabling these flags:
1.Disable Recent Downloads: #enable-ntp-asset-download-suggestions
2. Disable Recent Bookmarks: #enable-ntp-bookmark-suggestions
3. Disable Tabs from other devices: #enable-ntp-remote-suggestions and #enable-ntp-foreign-sessions-suggestions
4. Disable Offline pages: #enable-ntp-offline-page-download-suggestions.