To do this we will be using the Chrome Flags feature. Flags are experimental features by Chrome that are still in the development phase and haven’t been rolled out in a stable version.
- On your Android phone, open the Chrome app
- Type chrome://flags in the address bar and press Enter.
- In the Search flags box type (or copy/paste) the following: #enable-ntp-bookmark-suggestions
- The "Show recently visited bookmarks on the New Tab page" flag will be set to "Default".
Click on the drop-down menu and select Disabled.
- Tap the Relaunch Now button that displays at the bottom of the screen to finish applying the change.
That's it. The "Recent bookmarks" section should be remove from Chrome's New Tab page.
You can disable the other sections from Chrome's New Tab page by disabling these flags:
1.Disable Recent Downloads: #enable-ntp-asset-download-suggestions
2. Disable Articles for you: #enable-ntp-remote-suggestions
3. Disable Tabs from other devices: #enable-ntp-remote-suggestions and #enable-ntp-foreign-sessions-suggestions
4. Disable Offline pages: #enable-ntp-offline-page-download-suggestions.