BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
1zKOkN5.png

Microsoft has been aggressively pushing for consumers to make the upgrade to Windows 10, and the firm’s latest efforts aim to win more users over. First spotted by Neowin, the “Get Windows 10” app (which assists users in checking their PC’s specifications and upgrading to Windows 10) has been updated, now sporting a countdown timer which displays how much time you have left to make the switch over to the new operating system. Additionally, it appears that the app also has gained a clear “Decline free offer” button – which many consumers have been wanting for a while – and now has an updated alert taskbar tray icon.

Noxx

Level 3
Verified
Jul 13, 2016
It probably won't happen, but I can just imagine on the 30th Microsoft will say... OHHHH, since we received this massive outpoor of sadness after so many people missed the free update, we're extending it for one more week. And yeah, if you don't upgrade, missing out...

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I think they will remove the free upgrade feature Noxx, if for no other reason to start turning
a profit on what has to be the most expensive windows build to come down the pipes to date.
Bill needs money to pay for that weed investment as well :p

Noxx

Level 3
Verified
Jul 13, 2016
I think they will remove the free upgrade feature Noxx, if for no other reason to start turning
a profit on what has to be the most expensive windows build to come down the pipes to date.
Bill needs money to pay for that weed investment as well :p

Not sure if Bill's still into that stuff, lols. But yeah, I'm just saying, it wouldn't surprise me of all the things M$ has done to push 10.

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
useless operating system :D 8.1 was much much better but 10 ruined everything, hate windows now personally -_-

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015

Noxx

Level 3
Verified
Jul 13, 2016
useless operating system :D 8.1 was much much better but 10 ruined everything, hate windows now personally -_-

Wahh? 8.1? Unless they did some fat improvements to 8 I'm not aware of, I don't know how you could possibly put 8.1 over 10. Ugly UI, everything's hidden, but with 10, it's all easy to find again and no crappy metro ui. Not withstanding all the security improvements. =p

@_CyberGhosT_ - wasn't aware of that! Don't want to derail the thread, but yeah, that's very interesting.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Wahh? 8.1? Unless they did some fat improvements to 8 I'm not aware of, I don't know how you could possibly put 8.1 over 10. Ugly UI, everything's hidden, but with 10, it's all easy to find again and no crappy metro ui. Not withstanding all the security improvements. =p

@_CyberGhosT_ - wasn't aware of that!
Windows 10 becomes unstable every few weeks if you're a heavy user, too many bugs & specially the useless policies applied by microsoft in it's operating systems by default, & somethings we can't even change easily per our choice, it feels like we don't own windows but windows owns us. Had used 8.1 for years, remains stable without optimizing for months, to me it (8.1) has been the most stable & full of features operating system, stability & reliability of 10 is nothing even after a year in comparison to it. Windows 8 isn't worth of installing on any machine, talking about 8,1 that was great but due to being tired of microsoft policies I'm no more using it either -_-

Noxx

Level 3
Verified
Jul 13, 2016
Windows 10 becomes unstable every few weeks if you're a heavy user, too many bugs & specially the useless policies applied by microsoft in it's operating systems by default, & somethings we can't even change easily per our choice, it feels like we don't own windows but windows owns us. Had used 8.1 for years, remains stable without optimizing for months, to me it (8.1) has been the most stable & full of features operating system, stability & reliability of 10 is nothing even after a year in comparison to it. Windows 8 isn't worth of installing on any machine, talking about 8,1 that was great but due to being tired of microsoft policies I'm no more using it either -_-

I guess we just have different luck. I've had zero stability issues or bugs. I would sort of agree about the lack of control, at least when it comes to windows updates. Depending on when you used 10, your issues may have been resolved in the various insider previews.

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
I guess we're just using different OS's, I've had zero stability issues or bugs. I would sort of agree about the lack of control, at least when it comes to windows updates. Depending on when you used 10, your issues may have been resolved in the various insider previews.
Couldn't use my laptop due to being tired of windows 10 instability & tried to install linux without re partitioning & locked myself up for up to 10 days :p as I had to save data. Stopped using by 5th of this month.

Reactions: newcomer

Noxx

Level 3
Verified
Jul 13, 2016
Couldn't use my laptop due to being tired of windows 10 instability & tried to install linux without re partitioning & locked myself up for up to 10 days :p as I had to save data. Stopped using by 5th of this month.

Win 10 has issues with older systems, so I'm not sure if your laptop was old or not. I have it on my laptop and it runs very average with the same setting, whereas on my desktop is runs just as great as it did on Windows 7 (a lovely experience).

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Win 10 has issues with older systems, so I'm not sure if your laptop was old or not. I have it on my laptop and it runs very average with the same setting, whereas on my desktop is runs just as great as it did on Windows 7 (a lovely experience).
No I've 5th Generation i5 with 6gb ram, HP 15r-222NE & linux runs great so was 8.1 but due to issues that I faced because of 10 no more using it.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Where are you getting this Info ? I have used Windows 10 from the beginning ( insider from day 1 ) on a high end gaming system, I am a very "heavy" user and Windows 10 has yet to "become unstable" in any number of weeks. That may be the case for your build or setup but grouping it in general terms like that is felonious and misleading.
Thanks for sharing.

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Where are you getting this Info ? I have used Windows 10 from the beginning ( insider from day 1 ) on a high end gaming system, I am a very "heavy" user and Windows 10 has yet to "become unstable" in any number of weeks. That may be the case for your build or setup but grouping in general terms is felonious and misleading.
Thanks for sharing.
I've shared every information that I have personally experienced, couldn't use it due to such issues when windows 10 was new so had to move back towards 8.1 but same situation when 2 months ago freshly installed it again but had to reinstall after just 3 weeks & again after 3 weeks when I finally gave up on it -_-

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I've shared every information that I have personally experienced, couldn't use it due to such issues when windows 10 was new so had to move back towards 8.1 but same situation when 2 months ago freshly installed it again but had to reinstall after just 3 weeks & again after 3 weeks when I finally gave up on it -_-
I understand brother, but you made it sound as if Windows 10 becomes unstable for all users every few weeks the way you worded that, and that is very far from accurate. But no worries :)
Do you think that it may be hardware related in your case ? It sounds like that may be the case. Sorry to hear your having those kinds of issues.

Reactions: newcomer and Tani

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
I understand brother, but you made it sound as if Windows 10 becomes unstable for all users every few weeks the way you worded that, and that is very far from accurate. But no worries :)
Do you think that it may be hardware related in your case ? It sounds like that may be the case. Sorry to hear your having those kinds of issues.
yeah just personal :)
Can't say exactly as hardware of my laptop is totally awesome & not older technology than two years, just because of those issues no more liking whole windows operating systems -_-

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Other operating systems have had there fair share of problems some much worse than anything we have seen in Windows 10.
I am of the thinking also that the upgrade offer might be extended.I don't think MS is hurting financially but they want those 10 numbers to rise and it probably won't happen if the upgrade offer ends on the 29th.
Maybe Bill was testing out some "Purple Wheelchair",not that I know what that is,when he came up with the free Windows 10 upgrade offer :D
You don't get to be the richest man in the world by turning a blind eye to a cash cow.The marijuana business,medical or recreational,is one big fat cash cow.Anything that improves the sale,production and growing will bring in huge amounts of cash.
Don't need a crystal ball to know that it will end up being recreational everywhere one day.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Oh wow... That image is making me think of a time bomb. Your computer will self-destruct in 9 days. :eek::p

As for Microsoft extending the free upgrade offer, that would be fine but a little unexpected
They should offer Windows 10 for Free with Xbox One S purchases, so they brag about their Cross Play.

Reactions: frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.