BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
W10-png.png

As the Windows 10 Mobile release inches closer and closer, Microsoft has now updated its software update page for Windows Phone to include Windows 10.

The page, which typically helped Lumia users to know the status of their updates (and previously whether it was in testing, waiting for dispatch etc) has now been updated to include instructions for Lumia devices running Windows 10 Mobile.

In addition to that, Microsoft’s Windows Phone help page is now full of FAQs about Windows 10 (we’re going with Microsoft’s branding here from now on) for the casual user.

As the roll out – rumoured to be starting next week and currently being shipped out to carriers for staging – inches ever closer, Windows Phone users should be excited about the new functionality enabled by Microsoft.

To reiterate, the first few devices that Microsoft has confirmed will get Windows 10 are the Lumia 430, Lumia 435, Lumia 532, Lumia 535, Lumia 540, Lumia 635 (1 GB RAM), Lumia 640, Lumia 640 XL, Lumia 735, Lumia 830, and Lumia 930.

From
“Software Update for Lumia with Windows 10” update page surfaces as Microsoft answers all your Windows 10 FAQs

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Can I have a hope for it. I really wanted Windows 10 in my device:(
This may be help (Why lumia 730 is not in the first list of Windows 10 update? ) and (Supported phones for Windows Insider Preview - Microsoft Windows) shows all the Lumia devices that are supported on the current Insider Preview.

Windows 10 for Lumia 730 may arrive at a later date.

In the meantime, you may want to consider expanding storage, as Windows 10 Mobile requires at least 1.5GB space for upgrade.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well these list of supported models my add in the feature, if you will check their Windows 10 Mobile requirements at least 512 MB above are supported for the device.

All testimonies are consistent that Microsoft surely add more in the upcoming events.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Unfortunately where I live, my old service (Cricket) doesn't have service so I had to move to Verizon (the only cell phone service that works here - that's what happens when you move in the mountains). Verizon at the time didn't have cheap Windows phones so I don't have one to worry about. I still have my Lumia 635 (from Cricket) so I will update it. Eventually I need to sell this thing since I can't use it. Don't want this great phone to go to waste.

On a side note, I was using Windows 10 Mobile Preview. It was great. Better than 8. The fact that wallpaper could be seen fully instead of on tiles was a great addition. Made the home screen very nice looking. Maybe someday I can get a Windows Phone from Verizon. They have cheaper models now after all. Get another 635 if they have them.

Reactions: upnorth

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I started checking updates manually every day even if I know it's not needed. Wonder if my Lumia 625 will get the candy but atleast my 930 is. This gonna be fun! :)

Reactions: BoraMurdar
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

My lumia 535 is awaiting the windows 10 upgrade eagerly! Thanks for the share!

Reactions: BoraMurdar

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Lumia 730 is on the official list that receives W10M. Realistically, L730 & 735 are similar but differences lie in CPU/SoC and Qi charging only. L730 uses Qualcomm SD400 8226 instead of SD400 8926.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Lumia 730 is on the official list that receives W10M. Realistically, L730 & 735 are similar but differences lie in CPU/SoC and Qi charging only. L730 uses Qualcomm SD400 8226 instead of SD400 8926.
Thanks @Vasudev . Can you let me know the link to the list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.