10 Things You Can Do with the Money You’d Pay for a New Apple MacBook

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Apple has introduced its new MacBook lineup in a public press conference a couple of days ago, and just like it happens when the company takes the wraps off new devices, it praised every single little thing of the new model, saying that it’s more powerful, thinner, faster, offers longer battery life, and has better specs.

What Apple hasn’t mentioned, however, is that the new MacBook is also more expensive, and when we say that, we actually mean that it’s a lot more expensive. The top-of-the-range Apple MacBook Pro costs no less than $4,299 (as you can see in the photo attached to this article) and this without even opting for pre-installed software such as Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro X, which would add another $500.

10-things-you-can-do-with-the-money-you-d-pay-for-a-new-apple-macbook-509779-2.jpg

For this price, you get a 15-inch MacBook Pro in silver and powered by a 2.9 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, with turbo speed up to 3.8 GHz, 16GB RAM, 2TB SSD storage, Radeon Pro 460 graphics with 4GB memory, a backlit keyboard, four Thunderbolt 3 ports, Touch Bar and Touch ID.

But for the exact same price, you can also get any of the following (which at first glance might actually bring more benefits than this new Apple thing):

1. A Surface Studio All-in-One PC priced at $4,199 for the top configuration, and you still have $100 left to pay dinner at a fancy restaurant.

2. Half of a Dacia Sandero

3. A trip to Paris (from the US, first-class tickets could cost up to $2,000, an exquisite hotel room could set you up to $1,000 for a weekend, and you still have $1,000 for shopping)

4. David Bowie’s hair

5. 4,299 $1 ice-creams

6. A Titanium toothbrush that promises the best dental care ever

7. 635 jars of Nutella at $6.76 each

8. Play the lottery and hope to make $16,000 so you can buy a Victoria’s Secret show ticket

9. 191 acres of land on Mars at $22.49 per acre (plus tax)

10. Lease an elephant

We can always use a good laugh every once in a while :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Have to admit that the specifications are really good for overall daily use however overprice.

It's the OS itself made the overall appearance looks so expensive when in such way; the hardware should contribute the price increase instead.

SmileMore

Level 1
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
Thanks for sharing :)

3. A trip to Paris (from the US, first-class tickets could cost up to $2,000, an exquisite hotel room could set you up to $1,000 for a weekend, and you still have $1,000 for shopping)

I like this one, I don't need first class -- economy class is enough for me :).

5. 4,299 $1 ice-creams
7. 635 jars of Nutella at $6.76 each
6. A Titanium toothbrush that promises the best dental care ever

After eating 4,299 ice-creams and 635 jars of Nutella, I surely need the Titanium toothbrush ;).

9. 191 acres of land on Mars at $22.49 per acre (plus tax)

Lol, how much is the tax on Mars?

10. Lease an elephant

To do what with :(, Bad joke softpedia

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Actually, what's even worse is the price of the entry model: $1.499 before tax.

Now this is for a last gen 2 GHz dual-core i5 w/ integrated graphics and 8 GB of RAM, not even sporting the new Touch Bar. Holy Cow.

I do like macOS and I'll keep using it until they dumb it down to the level of iOS, but it looks like a Hackintosh will do just fine next time around.

Reactions: DardiM

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Still need plenty of them to buy the world's most expensive bog roll - 22 carat gold toilet paper! - a snip at just $1,300,000!!:eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: Viking and Fritz

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.