10 types of system tools and optimization programs , you do not need in windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yigido

Thread author
I do not agree about Firewall section. Firewall is needed :)

KZdRG3.gif

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
I do not agree about Defragmentation Program or the Third-Party Uninstaller

Windows defrag will not do a boot time defrag and while checkdisk will fix some Mft and Pagefile things
it will not defrag them

to defrag Mft and the Pagefile you need a boot time defrag as the files are in use with Windows running
and can't be defraged

Mft and Pagefile fragments can slow your pc down

Third-Party Uninstaller i would not pay for because there are good free ones but
sometimes the files left behind after using the software uninstaller can mess up the reinstall of the
software or the install of similar software later

i look and clean myself but not everyone knows how so a Third-Party Uninstaller could help them also i
would not use a Third-Party Uninstaller to uninstall Security software as Security software self protection
can mess up the uninstall using a Third-Party Uninstaller so i try to find and use the Security software's
uninstall tool as most have a uninstall tool for when the normal uninstall did not work and the uninstall
tool is made to cleanup more leftover stuff for a reinstall

:)

James

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I can agree with most of these.
PC Cleaners & registry Cleaners.Definitely the PC Cleaners but I like to use CCleaner
Windows Defrag is good but there is nothing wrong with using a third party defrag program.Some are very good.
Windows Firewall is good but I don't see anything wrong with choosing a good AV & Firewall Combo or a good Security Suite.There are many that are very light and sure some offer extras but many like these.It should be up to the individual to decide,if it makes you more comfortable and it's not putting a strain on your system by all means use it.
I use a third party Uninstaller.They use the softwares Uninstaller but get rid of the junk leftover.Some of this that would be left behind even after using a softwares uninstaller and a reboot.
This is a pretty generalized guide probably geared more to the average user.A couple of the mentioned programs(registry & PC Cleaners) can be dangerous especially to an inexperienced user.More than half of the 10 you could make an argument in favor of these.

thetechguy

Level 1
Verified
Feb 19, 2013
Registry cleaning has long been a polarizing topic. I personally am a fan of the registry cleaning found in CCleaner or Wise Care or Advanced SystemCare, etc. I'm sure some registry cleaners can be disaster but in my years of using them I've never seen any problems and have seen some benefit.

My typical protocol is to run BleachBit to clean junk, then CCleaner, then CCleaner registry cleaner, then Defraggler for defrag, then Quicksys RegDefrag for registry defrag.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I totally agree with this article except for Third-Party Uninstaller software, sometimes programs will just not uninstall with Windows Uninstaller or their own uninstaller, I have ran into this problems many times.

Enjoy!! :D

i agree with this agree

Reactions: Koroke San

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
This should be re-wrote as some of parts this article is invalid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.