10) Debonet
11) Destroy Windows Spying

12) Spybot Anti-Beacon (NOT FREE!!)

Note :- Some of the above software phones home

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 25
Verified
Since migrating to win10, I've only done things like turning off items that can be set and blocking extra communication with FW. Excessive anti-spying measures will affect Windows behavior.
It's similar to how children can grow up twisted if you don't raise them with trust.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 34
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator

TairikuOkami

Level 28
Verified
Content Creator
This article is being regularly updated. I would avoid tools, that were not updated at least in 2019.
12) Spybot Anti-Beacon (NOT FREE!!)
Pity, it was free last time I used it and it showed, what tweaks it did in detail, unlike most tools. I have to use Process Monitor to grab them.
I like to know, what is being changed, so I can reverse it, since backups are not always reliable. Debonet nicely shows everything necessary.

Attachments

HarborFront

Level 54
Verified
Content Creator
This article is being regularly updated. I would avoid tools, that were not updated at least in 2019.

Pity, it was free last time I used it and it showed, what tweaks it did in detail, unlike most tools. I have to use Process Monitor to grab them.
I like to know, what is being changed, so I can reverse it, since backups are not always reliable. Debonet nicely shows everything necessary.
One more issue with Spybot Anti-Beaon it seems that it only supports up to Windows 1809 only according to its faqs

Stopspying

Level 10
O&O ShutUp 10 and WPD
I've mostly used these two as a combo but recently I've been drawn more to using Debotnet instead of WPD. When I first tried WPD I wasn't entirely sure whether I should change the default settings for someof the options, or not. I don't know if I was just being dumb but it didn't seem clear whether I should change them or not if I wanted more privacy and less telemetry etc. I think I got the hang of it soon afterwards though. Debotnet seems clearer to me about what changing a setting will do, much like I've found ShutUp.