Sandboxie, MalwareBytes Premium, Keyscrambler Premium
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Hitman Pro, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Norton Power Eraser
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox, HTTPS Everywhere, uBlock Origin, uMatrix, Privacy Badger, Sticky Password
Maintenance tools
Bitlocker (All Partitions/Drives), Kerish Doctor 2018, Privazer, Bleachbit 2.0
File and Photo backup
MEGA - (2048bit Encrypted Cloud Storage)
System recovery
Image for Windows (Encrypted)

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
Im a new member here, ive been asked to pubish my setup in here.

I detest standardized Anti-Virus protection with a passion, but i do enjoy what alternative protections offer.

Over the years, ive used a mixture of:

Sandbox
Behaviour Blockers
Anti-Executibles

etc

These types of protection are definitely what i prefer.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65228

I detest standardized Anti-Virus protection with a passion
All I am going to say is that it is probably in your best interest to re-consider with an open mind because an AV can help prevent an attack before it has even been given a chance. Sandbox and dynamic this and that is all good but web filtering and good real-time can be very beneficial.

Either way it is your own decision so if you don't care about AVs still then no problem.

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
im currently testing NVT EXE Radar v4 with my Sandboxie/Hitman Pro setup.

Im not sure whether VoodooShield Pro is better/worse than Radar (I do have a 3yr license for VS!)

----

Nothing leaves my Sandboxie so im unsure if i also need a behaviour/anti exe as i have HMP to scan for viruses that i could potentially allow out of my Sandbox in the future.

Last edited:

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
You do you. I have also considered if it's possible to go without an AV and just use anti-exe and sandboxing for protection. If it works for you, congrats. (y)

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
You do you. I have also considered if it's possible to go without an AV and just use anti-exe and sandboxing for protection. If it works for you, congrats. (y)
I havnt used a traditional AV for over 5 years now,

Sandboxie is top tier protection if you are smart enough to know what you are taking out of it & running.

HitmanPro is simply my 'checker' for validation or if i somehow I do make a mistake.

however, i am currently testing Radar v4 with my setup & ive already tested VoodooShield with it (as i own it)

but my question is: Is it needed?....

Last edited:
Reactions: Deletedmessiah
D

Deleted member 178

I havnt used a traditional AV for over 5 years now,
+1

Sandboxie is top tier protection if you are smart enough to know what you are taking out of it & running.
tweaked or default setting?

HitmanPro is simply my 'checker' for validation or if i somehow I do make a mistake.
good enough.

its why im unsure if i need a behaviour/anti exe program like NVT EXE Radar pro.
To me, sandbox + anti-exe or SRP is a must have combo. Don't forget sandbox-aware malware.

but my question is: Is it needed?....
depends on how you use Sandboxie. To me, it is.

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
I use sandboxie very simply - Force my browser to always load with it & auto delete sandbox contents upon closing browser.

Do you recommend anything else?

as for the added anti-exe/behavior monitor - how do you feel with NVT rader against VoodooShield Pro (pro lets you set it to paranoid lol)

D

Deleted member 178

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
People are free to use what they like ;)
haha, absolutely - what do you have against VS may i ask? ;)

Laptop booting very quickly still (y)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    54 KB · Views: 255
Reactions: Deletedmessiah

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
Enable SmartScreen, this can be fundamental to prevent infections.

Replace Adblock with uBlock Origin.

Thanks for sharing.
SmartScreen reports back to Microsoft every app you download & install, its a huge privacy concern.

with sandboxie (custom settings), VoodooShield (on paranoid settings) & HitmanPro, SmartScreen is definetely unwanted crud. lol :ROFLMAO:

Ill have a look at Ublock compared to ABP.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.