Drweb Security Space
Browser
Firefox / Adblock Plus / HTTPS Everywhere / Disable WebRTC

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
Yeah, absolutely amazing phone - I'm still in shock!

8gb ram / 256gb storage

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Thinking of getting one since its release in my country a few days back

This phone has nothing outstanding. It's not a top-of-line phone and has no innovative features by the company. The company, which is small, just puts together the features of other phone manufacturers and sells it. 2 models are released per year. The 6T model will be coming soon in the 3rd to 4th quarter of this year.

If you check the net this chinese-made phone maker in the past had its fair share of spyware issues but for them its over now unlike Xiaomi, Oppo, Huawei etc

CONS
1) Comes with a notch - follows the iPhone
2) No microSD card slot
3) Not certified to be water resistant
4) Not so great cameras
5) Not so impressive battery life
6) Screen not too bright in strong sunlight
7) Single speaker
8) No wireless charging
9) No HDR support
10) No in-screen fingerprint sensor
11) FHD screen only

PROS

1) It's as clean as a pure android phone (like the Google Pixel) with its Oxygen UI over android Oreo 8.1
2) No FB pre-installed. Other phones which do NOT have FB pre-installed are Google Pixel, Motorola, Huawei Honor series and Nokia (but it has Twitter pre-installed if I'm not wrong which I don't like either)

Google Pixel - not too keen since it's by Google
Moto - owned by Lenovo, another popular chinese company with spyware issues and, also, not using latest SD processor
Huawei Honor - not using SD processor but Hisilicon Kirin processor

3) Reasonably priced phone if you don't mind the CONS
4) Uses latest SD 845 and runs at Gigabit LTE speed
5) Comes with 8GB RAM and 128/256 GB storage
6) Fast in operation
7) Screen is AMOLED which beats many LCD competitors

Watch this link on something you may not know about its OIS and EIS stabilization

Its forum also spells the problems faced by users

OnePlus 6: Questions & Answers.

If you don't have the urgency to buy you can wait a bit longer for the 6T model which, hopefully, will solve the CONS listed but definitely will be priced higher. No matter how it'll still be priced lower than SAMSUNG and iPhone top-of-line models

Last edited:

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
Thinking of getting one since its release in my country a few days back

This phone has nothing outstanding. It's not a top-of-line phone and has no innovative features by the company. The company, which is small, just puts together the features of other phone manufacturers and sells it. 2 models are released per year. The 6T model will be coming soon in the 3rd to 4th quarter of this year.

If you check the net this chinese-made phone maker in the past had its fair share of spyware issues but for them its over now unlike Xiaomi, Oppo, Huawei etc

CONS
1) Comes with a notch - follows the iPhone
2) No microSD card slot
3) Not certified to be water resistant
4) Not so great cameras
5) Not so impressive battery life
6) Screen not too bright in strong sunlight
7) Single speaker
8) No wireless charging
9) No HDR support
10) No in-screen fingerprint sensor
11) FHD screen only

PROS

1) It's as clean as a pure android phone (like the Google Pixel) with its Oxygen UI over android Oreo 8.1
2) No FB pre-installed. Other phones which do NOT have FB pre-installed include Google Pixel, Motorola, Huawei Honor series.

Google Pixel - not too keen since it's by Google
HTC - bought over by Google so not so keen on it as well
Moto - owned by Lenovo, another popular chinese company with spyware issues and, also, not using latest SD processor
Huawei Honor - not using SD processor but Hisilicon Kirin processor

3) Reasonably priced phone if you don't mind the CONS
4) Uses latest SD 845 and runs at Gigabit LTE speed
5) Comes with 8GB RAM and 128/256 GB storage
6) Fast in operation
7) Screen is AMOLED which beats many LCD competitors

Watch this link on something you may not know about its OIS and EIS stabilization

Its forum also spells the problems faced by users

OnePlus 6: Questions & Answers.

If you don't have the urgency to buy you can wait a bit longer for the 6T model which, hopefully, will solve the CONS listed but definitely will be priced higher. No matter how it'll still be priced lower than SAMSUNG and iPhone top-of-line models

1. The notch is great, much smaller than iPhone & can be hidden! (I love it, didnt think i would!)
2. SD Card not needed when 256gb is so cheap.
3. Not IP Certified as it costs money, the one is still water resistant. (a quick dunk, 1-5minutes is completely fine under water)
4. The Camera' s are actually fantastic, im shocked!
5. Not so impressive battery life? - 9hrs 15minutes Screen on time in a 20hr day - Battery life is outstanding
6. Screen not so bright? eh? ....indoors the auto brightness has it set to under 10% brightness.
7. I agree the single speaker is a weak point, its really loud however.
8. Ive had Wireless charging, it sucks, i dont see this as a negative. (OnePlus have the fastest charging, Dash charging does 0-60% in 30minutes!)
9. Correct, screen is not HDR.
10. No fingerprint in-screen? - Hardly any phone on the planet has that, not a negative.
11. FHD screen is also not a negative, this is easily the best looking FHD panel out there! - easily!

Sure, they will release a 6T within 6 months, but why wait for that?

you'll be saying the exact same thing once the 6T is released "Dont get it, the OnePlus 7 will be released in 6 months!"

Attachments

• 1527377426994.jpg
    1527377426994.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 406

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I'm not against OnePlus 6 phone. In fact, I'm still considering it given the PROS that I have listed previously. Some of the issues I got from the OnePlus 6 forums are

1) Hunting (focusing) of the camera
2) Vibration too soft
3) Notification sound too soft
4) Speaker volume a bit low
5) Fast battery draining
6) BT audio volume low
7) EIS/OIS issue. Needs phone reboot to settle it
8) No AOD
9) Batt % icon needs to swipe down to view it. Why can't it have the batt % on the homepage?
10).....and others

OnePlus 6 is a great phone but at near to US$742 in my country and having many software issues I feel OnePlus is just interested to push a phone into the market and waiting for feedback to resolve the issues. In fact, OnePlus 6 is a mid-range phone priced on the high side

Yes, it does not have top-of-line hardware like QHD screen, certified IP water resistant, no large battery, no wireless charging, no stereo speakers, no telephoto/wide-angle lens etc but at close to US$742 the expectation is there that at least many software issues should be resolved before launch. And can these issues be resolved before the 6T launches.......with, probably, another round of software issues again?

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
PIA has MACE for malware
AdGuard has a malware & phishing protection

Is DrWeb Security Space needed with these 2, its starting to look a bit of overkill. (which i fully understand many on here really like lol)

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
How are you getting on with this phone? Looks like a nice phone to have. The storage though is massive!!

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.