Advice Request 2017: Which VPN service would you recommend? Why?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which VPN would you recommend?

• CyberGhost VPN

Votes: 23 23.2%
  • Nord VPN

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • F-Secure Freedome VPN

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • ExpressVPN

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • PureVPN

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • IPVanish VPN

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • TorGuard VPN

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (Specify in thread)

Votes: 41 41.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

carl fish

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
Hello, everyone, What is your favourite VPN Service for 2017?

Even though I'm using pure VPN at the moment and happy with them, is there any others that are good for future reference?

I want to know everyone thinks about this

I have mainly p2p and streaming in mind

Last edited:

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Well, this last time i say that in puplic nor private, don't like why people care make a research even tinyminy on internet about this things. But, i understand, it is easier just ask. My top 1 choise as a ex-worker/betatester many years in AirVpn which REALLY is opensource as you can look at their forum/site you saw there a lot of things like other provides keep in secret(bad thing) for many reason not all. Actually i don't tell more , VPN- names you can just searhx:it or something. I have over 15 yrs experience do a testing so many other providers who i have been then have been telling bugs/leaking/some other issues that could fixet. I know many devs/owner about VPN-provider's and i have made some reviews also in the past. But, yeah so my top 1 is said i think thats nuff!

Thank you for reading...

Edit: Pls reminder; remember ALWAYS read pick you what ever you want their privacy policy(even it's not true in many cases). Also i suggest if possible make a own trial period if VPN-provider has it, so you can test it by your own and saw what you are doing. Depend so many things what is your main purpose of VPN. Must say specifically now because of US thing and should be alot more earlier people wake up fot internet of "things". Altrought i stress that VPN IS NOT the most best thing what you could todo if you want in internet. Many others also depends your needs. I know i forget some/many things this overlenght post (thinking it's about Bug's made) but, who cares make your research do your testing/what the PP etc, stay safe!

- BC with early morning coffee cup

HarryNguyen0330

Level 1
Oct 6, 2016
Hello, everyone, What is your favourite VPN Service for 2017?

Even though I'm using pure VPN at the moment and happy with them, is there any others that are good for future reference?

I want to know everyone thinks about this

I have mainly p2p and streaming in mind
Playing P2P? Then you can remove Freedome from F-Secure from your wishlist, and your current service (that "Pure" VPN) is in question since last issue was discovered on other forum. Personally, I prefer using my own server from DigitalOcean and another backup service from KeepSolid to bypass internet censorship and speed throttling.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Voted for other. I was also looking out for a VPN service which i could use realtime 24/7, but I ended up for a subscription for F-Secure Freedome, that was some 2 years ago and got few promos, and Avira Phantom VPN Pro from one of my colleges recently, but over the years i realized speed reduction is is just over 60% of my direct connection (without VPN), since closest servers from Baltic States where i live at, are located in Sweden and thats not good enough for me, but recently @BugCode and @SHvFl recommend to take a look at AirVPN (Thanks to them), so i am really considering it, I have not decided yet since i don't have time right now to fully test it, but i believe its a High Quality service with good support and many servers across europe, so take a look at it :) AirVPN - The air to breathe the real Internet

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I voted for ExpressVPN, which I got from a MT giveaway.
It runs totally smooth, I can not feel a slowdown in terms of internet connection (I did not measure, my router isn't the best either, and with 6k, it's not fast as hell anyway). However, i'd invest in ExpressVPN only if I'd use it daily, because for me it seems quite expensive (but hey, you get what you pay for).

Tried CyberGhost before, conflicted with Dr. Web when I was testing that suite in the HUB. Luckily, the CyberGhost reseller refunded me instantly, without any discussions.

Another alternative would be Windscribe, the free 50 GB / month deal seems to be still available - Get 50GB free VPN bandwidth every month for life | TechRadar.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
AirVPN. High privacy value. No logging. High speed connections. Decent forum support.
I have to agree here, seeing I just started using AirVPN, and here in the US I do have access to some fast servers.
I love that they log 0% so there is nothing to collect and they are not located "Based" on US soil.
I voted "Other" = AirVPN

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
These are what I call " The Solid Six "
I call them that because they do not leak your real IP , even on reconnect .

AirVPN
FrootVPN
iVPN
Mullvad
Perfect Privacy
SlickVPN

A large number of VPN services ( even some that have a kill switch ) will spew out the very kind of info
that you may be trying to keep private , if the connection drops then auto-reconnects.
This will be like waving a flag to the ISP , and anyone else who may be observing your traffic.

If that isn't " throwing out the baby with the bathwater " , I don't know what is .

..... Just my two tambalas worth :)

Edit - I forgot to give credit to one of my favorite reference sources for reliable VPN info and
sound rigorous testing methods.
VPN Testing

The author , mirimir has written superb guides on many aspects of VPN use , and related issues .
My own testing is puny compared to his work but I have sure found some duff ones !
I look out for the limited free trials and the give-aways , and this is a great forum for that,
but it's not why I joined :)

Last edited:

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
These are what I call " The Solid Six "
I call them that because they do not leak your real IP , even on reconnect .

AirVPN
FrootVPN
iVPN
Mullvad
Perfect Privacy
SlickVPN

A large number of VPN services ( even some that have a kill switch ) will spew out the very kind of info
that you may be trying to keep private , if the connection drops then auto-reconnects.
This will be like waving a flag to the ISP , and anyone else who may be observing your traffic.

If that isn't " throwing out the baby with the bathwater " , I don't know what is .

..... Just my two tambalas worth :)
I have to agree here, seeing I just started using AirVPN, and here in the US I do have access to some fast servers.
I love that they log 0% so there is nothing to collect and they are not located "Based" on US soil.
I voted "Other" = AirVPN
Airvpn is openvpn :p
Also Avira phantom vpn is from openvpn so all the same ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.