Security Alert 25 Million+ Gmail and Yahoo Accounts being sold underground

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Spawn, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Spawn

Spawn Administrator
    Staff Member Content Creator

Jan 8, 2011
    Windows 10
    Over 25 million Gmail and Yahoo accounts are being sold online, according to a new report.

They’re available for purchase on the dark web, with the vendor selling them going by the name ‘SunTzu583’.

According to HackRead, SunTzu583 is asking for $450 for 21,800,969 Gmail accounts, 75% of which supposedly contain decrypted passwords, with the remaining 25% hashed.

More at Source
  2. larry goes to church

Mar 10, 2017
    Elementary OS
    Qihoo 360
    "SunTzu583" is probably thinking.. I'm going to get arrested soon.
  3. Amelith Nargothrond

Mar 22, 2017
    Windows 10
    This is why i always use a two-step authentication. I also have a Yubikey which i use for every account it can be used for. Better safe than sorry...
    frogboy and sunshineboy like this.
  4. robin

robin Level 3

Dec 12, 2012
    maybe it's time to cross, have not read that are hacked.
  5. Danielx64

Danielx64 Level 9

Mar 24, 2017
    Windows 10
    Maybe just me but create your own mail server on a VPS. Yes you would need a domain but it worth it.