Guide | How To 3 CMD commands to view if our PC is infected

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
CMD commands are often useful to discover if our PC is infected or not.

Code:
tracert -d
to view if there are problems during the communication with an host.

Code:
arp -a
this command is important to view if someone has used our router ARP table (so if someone hacked our network).

Code:
dir C: attrib -s -h /s /d *.*
this will list all files (also which are hidden) and this will be useful to view suspicious files.

Thank you :);)

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hello. I am very good at IT. Whether computer viruses, I did not know that we could really know if there were viruses with the CMD! But ... How can the CMD find viruses ?? We need analyzes, etc.
Yes, of course the third command is useful because you can find easily files you don't recognize. And if you suspect an infection you can then analyze it with security software/online analyzers. The second command is also very good to discover hackers in our network.

malis2007

Level 2
Verified
Feb 10, 2016
nice post, thanks for sharing :)
but i don't know how to interpret the "arp -a" result and when to suspect/know that something is awry :/
could someone help me with my result?

arpa.png

Reactions: DDE_Server

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.